PDA

View Full Version : Question about taking a child under 3...

kbean
07-31-2014, 07:05 AM
Im thinking about taking my nephew to MK. This would be the first for me EVER taking a child. So it could be a real bad or real fun experience. I believe he doesn't need a ticket. So do i have to show them anything at the gate to prove his age? He's three in November. Also, does he need a band for fp or do i just prop him up on a bench with my shopping bags while I use my fp???

faline
07-31-2014, 07:50 AM
No proof of age required. I believe he will receive a band - even though he really won't need it for anything. Also, no need to prop him anywhere - he can go on all the rides he is tall enough for with you!!

VWL Mom
07-31-2014, 08:47 AM
Also, does he need a band for fp or do i just prop him up on a bench with my shopping bags while I use my fp???

If you're taking a 2 year old to WDW for the first time you may be the one propped up on the bench exhausted. :blush:

Terra
07-31-2014, 09:51 AM
My boys have been going since they were literally 4 weeks old! There is a lot for young children to do. Especially at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Really study and explore, online, what all you can do. It's not all "rides". So many hands on fun things to do!!

Just take it slow, let them nap when they need too, and don't try to do everything.

dobby2010
07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
We took our son for the first time in nov when he was a 2.5.

He does not need a ticket, and we were never asked for any sort of proof.

They sent us a magic band for him but we never used nor needed it. More for fun if he wants to be like the adults. I did have it wrapped around my purse strap just in case.

Have lots of fun! Bring snacks and a sippy cup full of water for him. I also carried a little baggy full of small toys in case we got in a long line or for waiting at restaurants.

Enjoy, it was so much fun seeing his little face react to the characters and rides.

Cheshire_Girl
07-31-2014, 10:42 AM
I took my god son 3/daughter 6 this year-it was fun-but as someone who isn't used to doing Disney with kids-my advice, remember it is not about what you like to do-it's about what they want to do...
That said-it was a blast. I rode rides I would not normally ride-met characters I wouldn't have taken the time to see, and experienced it in a totally different way! -I took the day slower, and I got to see little peeps discover the magic.
Oh, and do the Tiki Room!!!! Kids seem to love it

lawgirl
07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
My son has been going since he was 6 months old. Around the 2.5 year mark, I did start carrying his birth certificate in my bag, just in case. But I have never ever had anyone ask me for proof of age at WDW. Even at the character meals, he was free, which was great. I LOVE going with my little ones. It just puts a fresh perspective on everything that I haven't had since I was a little girl. It's so fun to slow down and let them experience everything.

kbean
08-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Ha nice, thanks for the advice! Itll only be for a few hours. four the max. So hopefully it wont be to bad.

ransam
08-06-2014, 02:16 AM
This is great. When I was a kid I use to go with my parents every year. I use to think how awesome it would be to take my son when I grow up (Little did I know I would never grow up). But I did age. I never had children until 4 years ago at the age or 48, I was blessed with a son.
we took him a couple months before his 3rd birthday and I can tell you that it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. For one just living that out was so cool. But seeing the parks through his eyes was a wow moment. Walking down main street and seeing his eyes light up as we got to the castle and the characters were putting on a show. He kept looking at me and pointing "hey you seeing this too?" We got to see attractions I had never bothered with like some of the play areas, and a few of the rides. to see him look up at Buzz and Woody as he was getting his picture taken. I'll never forget it.
we are taking him again this November and I'm excited because he should be able to go on most rides.