PDA

View Full Version : Perks of SSR

mdhiggin
07-28-2014, 11:44 AM
I know some don't like Saratoga, and it is in fact a kind of last "resort". It still has perks that other DVC villas do not. It has a table service restaurant which usually means no TIW discount on CS. Since Turf Club is only open for dinner, Artists Palette is eligible for TIW discount. This is odd outside of value resorts where there is only one restaurant. My family eats far more CS meals than TS, so this is great for us. I know it's large, but it also has two theme pools now. Who else has that? The new Paddock pool has the longest slide of any Disney resort pool. It curves around and around making for a nice, smooth ride. It also has a walkway to DD. Only four DVC villas have walkways to a park or DD. I realize it's not a theme park, but we visit DD a lot. We are loving the PAP deal we got this year which gives us a discount not only for merchandise but to the AMC at DD and gets us into Disney Quest if we need to waste a few minutes before a movie. Honestly, I find something to love about all DVC villas and am smitten with all things Disney. I never really cared for Vera Bradley until I saw Mickey Mouse on it. :blush:

faline
07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
I've only had one stay at Saratoga Springs and found it to be a very pleasant resort.

crazygoalie39
07-29-2014, 12:06 PM
I think it looks like a great resort. I'm from upstate NY though so I would never stay there because I don't want to go to WDW and stay somewhere that reminds me of home.