PDA

View Full Version : HM-Brides Ring Missing from Que

Cheshire_Girl
07-27-2014, 09:09 AM
I was at MK yesterday with a friend who had never heard the story of the Brides Ring at HM. So I tell the story with all the flair and drama it deserves- ending with "and here it will lay... Forever"
Imagine my surprise when I realized I was pointing at an empty spot where the ring had been obviously chiseled out of the concrete!
WHat the heck!
I asked a CM and we were told it had been missing for a few months and that they were all hoping it would be returned but she wasn't sure when and where it would be replaced. She didn't really indicate "who" had removed it... A jerk wad tourist or jerk was management
Does anyone know what happened to the ring?
I'm heart broken that it's gone. I love the HM- I live sharing all the fun facts and stories that abound about it...
If management removed it.. WHY?
If a tourist removed it.. How the heck did someone get away with the effort it took to get it out of the ground?
So upset :-(

Strmchsr
07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
I hadn't seen it in a while. I thought that was removed back when they redid the queue and the ride. And the reason it was removed is the bride's story changed. It wasn't about Master Gracey (which I think is still the story at DLR, but I'm not sure) and his lost love but about the psychopath Constance.

Cheshire_Girl
07-27-2014, 12:19 PM
When they redid the que and took out that old one, which was really just remnants of an old turnstile pole, there were so many complaints that they actually added a real " diamond" wedding ring. It was tucked away in a corner by the organ when you came around the interactive ethereal band wall... It was actually kept hidden by a trash can.
I've heard the legend both ways but prefer the Gracey legend. I also heard it was not a part of the official Disney back story of the Mansion and that it is the only fan created legend that had been accepted/incorporated by Disney
Either way, I just want the ring back !!!

ANG
07-28-2014, 08:00 PM
When they redid the que and took out that old one, which was really just remnants of an old turnstile pole, there were so many complaints that they actually added a real " diamond" wedding ring. It was tucked away in a corner by the organ when you came around the interactive ethereal band wall... It was actually kept hidden by a trash can.
I've heard the legend both ways but prefer the Gracey legend. I also heard it was not a part of the official Disney back story of the Mansion and that it is the only fan created legend that had been accepted/incorporated by Disney
Either way, I just want the ring back !!!

I saw ring behind the trashcan in Feb. It seriously looked like it had be chiseled out? That makes me so sad. HM is my absolute favorite!

Main Street Jim
07-29-2014, 06:17 PM
We'll look for it when we go next month. :)

joonyer
07-29-2014, 11:31 PM
It's probably on E-bay or Craigslist.

indytraveler
07-30-2014, 08:52 AM
I think this has been gone for awhile. When I was there in December I don't remember seeing it. And it definitely wasn't there a couple weeks ago, because I was going to point it out to some newbies who were with us.

Cheshire_Girl
07-30-2014, 09:58 AM
I saw the ring in May so yes it was there. And like I said the CM said it had been missing for a few months

LittleDreamer
07-30-2014, 11:26 AM
I just looked up pictures of the old ring and now I'm wondering what I was looking at all these years. I remember it looking more like a ring made from a horseshoe nail.

RBrooksC
07-30-2014, 02:45 PM
But as somebody said before, there was never any "official" ring at the Haunted Mansion. It was just an artifact left after a remove of a pole. Cast members, thinking on their feet, started this legend but it was never something the Imagineers envisioned and it's removal was nothing more than just remove of something old in the ground.

Cheshire_Girl
07-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Yes there was an official ring
They added it when they updated the que
It was an actual diamond ring in the que by the organ... Read my original post for description of where it was
Disney actually adopted the fan story
I've seen the old ring which was just a turnstile post and I've seen the new official diamond ring both many times
And now it is gone
I'm surprised at how many people had no idea that an official ring was added

EJS-Houston
07-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I've been to the Haunted Mansion a million times before and after the queue revisions and I'd never heard any of this before. I've been missing out!

badkitty
07-30-2014, 06:51 PM
I've been to the Haunted Mansion a million times before and after the queue revisions and I'd never heard any of this before. I've been missing out!

Me too! I've never heard this story either and I consider myself a Disney trivia expert.

Main Street Jim
07-30-2014, 07:08 PM
I've been to the Haunted Mansion a million times before and after the queue revisions and I'd never heard any of this before. I've been missing out!You need to check out Doombuggies.com :hmghost:

ransam
08-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Very interesting, I have never noticed it, I will next time!

Patricia
08-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Cast members are reporting that ghosts have taken the ring out for polishing and hopefully it will be back soon.

:ghost: