PDA

View Full Version : ice skating

pcoleman
07-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know what type of skates they provide at the Frozen ice skating event in DHS? I'm looking at pictures and all skates are black. Do they only provide hockey skates or are there figure skates? DD is a competitive figure skater and would love to do this. I am not carrying around $1000 skates all day.

Strmchsr
07-26-2014, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen any pictures with hockey skates (I've looked, as a hockey player I can't stand wearing figure skates). I don't know for absolute sure but from everything I've been able to tell it looks like standard ice rink rental skates.

AgentC
07-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Christine took pictures when she was there. You may be able to find the picture on the INTERCOT Facebook page.

They looked to be a black hockey style skate but not quite the same as a traditional hockey skate. The blade wasn't a figure skate blade. The day she was there they only offered the one style skate (I asked) but I have seen some pictures that look beige figure skate. Not sure if they changed the skates or if people are bring their own.

I definitely wouldn't want to carry around skates either, but if she really wants her skates maybe you could put them in a locker?

Zippy 1
07-27-2014, 01:03 PM
I would recommend using the rental skates. There is no way I would let my daughter use her elite skates on that ice. Not to mention carrying them around. If you put them in a locker is it in an area that is air conditioned. You don't want them sitting in a locker that is hot and then have to re heat mold the boots when you get home. Just my :twocents:

TheHD
07-27-2014, 06:59 PM
We just got back and everyone was wearing the typical rental skates (not sure what kind?) for $10 and they also make you wear helmets.

There is no way they would let anyone wear their own skates or security allowing them through the gates in the first place.