PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already

pcoleman
07-26-2014, 12:55 PM
So if the past week wasn't bad enough trying to get FP's (I won't go back down that road) now I check and Disney changed hours again. TL hours now end at 6pm and DHS EMH changed to Friday am. GRRRR now I have to rethink my whole week and redo FP. When will it stop. Last night's conversation went something like this: DH tell me again why we are going to Disney, DD12 mom this isn't fun anymore, friends going with us, is it too late to cancel and go somewhere else? My only hope is it won't be as bad as we all think it will be. My family actually took down our countdown chain last night. Told me to pack and let them know when they have to leave. Sad.:sad::sob:

yankeesfan123
07-26-2014, 02:10 PM
So if the past week wasn't bad enough trying to get FP's (I won't go back down that road) now I check and Disney changed hours again. TL hours now end at 6pm and DHS EMH changed to Friday am. GRRRR now I have to rethink my whole week and redo FP. When will it stop. Last night's conversation went something like this: DH tell me again why we are going to Disney, DD12 mom this isn't fun anymore, friends going with us, is it too late to cancel and go somewhere else? My only hope is it won't be as bad as we all think it will be. My family actually took down our countdown chain last night. Told me to pack and let them know when they have to leave. Sad.:sad::sob:

I understand that the hours changing can be a psi since we are forced to make FP plans so far in advance, but Disney has ALWAYS adjusted park hours up and including the day of.

retiredfigment
07-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Yep. that's why except for a few dining reservations, I go without a plan. We make our FP the day we arrive at whatever park we decide to go to. Never fail to have fun! I know I am in the minority, but for me DW is still about spontaneity and I love it.

Sylvia
07-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Yep. that's why except for a few dining reservations, I go without a plan. We make our FP the day we arrive at whatever park we decide to go to. Never fail to have fun! I know I am in the minority, but for me DW is still about spontaneity and I love it.

You have company. I'll always come up with a temporary plan, but, other than for the "must do" ADRs, everything will always be subject to change. There is enough stress in the real world; we go to WDW for R&R. Often we decide each day the night before, but we have also been known to plan the day while we're having breakfast.

Our last 2 trips were to celebrate my retirement after a very long Government career. Think of the trips as part A and part B. The part A trip was during the old days of paper FP, which we randomly used. FP+ was in effect for the part B trip, so after reading all about FP+, both good and bad, we decided we weren't going to change our habits; we promised ourselves that we would stick with what has always worked for us. So, we waited until we were settled in our home away from home before tackling FP+. The mobile app was great, and we were able to get FP+s for our favorites, including Peter Pan. We'll always continue to "do Disney our way".

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-26-2014, 03:30 PM
I do find it frustrating how Disney is ALWAYS changing the park hours. One trip, I had DH at AK an hour early, since the EMH scheduled changed after I typed up the plan.

Looking back, he was pretty good about it, but I wasn't happy at the time. I wish (since we have to book 180-days in advance) Disney would set hours ... and then ADD to them as needed, instead of outrightly changing them, but I can only imagine how crazy it must be to set the hours in the first place.

spoiledraf
07-26-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm a planner to the minute. Keeps me busy and helps with the anticipation. I'm constantly going over park times and ride closures and restaurants changes or what ever I can find. But quite honestly, after we arrive, with the exception of fine dining ADRs, a lot of it get tossed anyway. The planning is more a part of the fun than a solid plan.

With the mobile app. almost any fast pass can be redone. I have actually gotten better FP+ times when I made changes. At any rate, in the words of the latest Disney Princess, "Let it go"! Roll with the changes and enjoy!

Daisy'sMom
07-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Do something totally unheard of these days. Do not plan! Wing it! It can still be done. I truly believe all this planning has made Disney a robotic vacation for most visitors now. I am so glad that I was able to experience Disney before it became necessary to plan each and every minute.

Terra
07-31-2014, 02:45 PM
Do something totally unheard of these days. Do not plan! Wing it! It can still be done. I truly believe all this planning has made Disney a robotic vacation for most visitors now. I am so glad that I was able to experience Disney before it became necessary to plan each and every minute.

Totally agree. People don't "have to" to plan anything.
We do day trips a lot with no plan at all and it all works out great. We have an actual vacation planned at the end of August, and while I've made some FP+ and an ADR, we are still extremely flexible.

ransam
08-26-2014, 01:23 PM
our trip plan is to plan, but be prepared to go with the flow and wing it.

#1donaldfan
08-27-2014, 02:10 PM
We have gotten away from the plan"itis" we used to have. The only plans we have are the dinning reservations. We like just going with the flow of things. My DD is a CM so we do our FP's the day of and it works great. :mickey: