PDA

View Full Version : 3D: Disney Dessert Discovery

Adambomb85
07-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Since my next trip is smack dab in the middle of F&W - we are going to take advantage of a few of the festivities. We decided to give the 3D Dessert Discovery a whirl on October 17. Has anyone ever been? What was your take - I read several reviews from a few years ago but wasn't sure if there were more recent reviews?

Also, is sweet seating worth the extra $25? We are strongly considering it, but thought it wouldn't hurt to get some other opinion before going for the up charge. Many thanks!

clarkee
07-26-2014, 02:40 PM
We did it last year. We loved all of it. Seriously one of our best disney experiences. We did not have the sweet seats and would definitely get them next time. There is a long wait to line up before hand if not since you are not guaranteed a seat. Them everyone runs for a seat when they drop the rope. We brought kids and they loved the sweets. The alcoholic drinks were awesome for adults. Seriously a great experience all around!

Strmchsr
07-26-2014, 02:44 PM
We did it last year as well, and I totally agree it's worth the experience. We had a blast and the Mickey 3d glasses for the fireworks were a ton of fun. We still use those. As for the extra for the special seating, it wasn't a big deal for us. I didn't think the extra $$ was worth it. We weren't there right at rope drop, though. We let the craziness happen and showed up about 20 min after. We had no trouble getting the food/drinks we wanted or a table.

Pirate Granny
07-26-2014, 03:45 PM
We went years back and we really enjoyed...and I thought booking the table was great! They come around and clear your table, etc. to me, well worth the extra money. D they still hand out the goodie bags to those who ordered the special tables? BTW they are roped off and people cannot sit in that area. The goodie bag of Caramel's etc were worth $10 each!

AgentC
07-26-2014, 05:30 PM
We went last year and it is on our to do list now. We had a great time. I hope they have the Red Stag donuts again this year! There were both sweet and savory tables so there is definitely something for everyone. One of my favorite things was talking to the different liquor vendors and learning about their products.

We did not have the sweet seats and I do not think it was worth the extra money. The seating is up front in a special section. Last year they also got a special drink and dessert. The night we went must have been quieter than the night clarkee went. Though people did line up and rush in , there was plenty of seating.

And I agree with Strmchsr, the fireworks glasses are awesome.

dobby2010
07-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Any idea what time the party starts? We're thinking of doing this one as well! Sounds like it'd be a fun way to end my birthday!

Adambomb85
07-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Any idea what time the party starts? We're thinking of doing this one as well! Sounds like it'd be a fun way to end my birthday!

It starts at 8:00pm for General Admit or 7:45pm for Sweet Seats.

Just booked my 10/17 Sweet Seats - thanks everyone for all the feedback! Excited to give this a whirl :)

drosenbe
09-02-2014, 07:00 PM
did the people who have been before eat a 'full' dinner before the party?

I don't want us to be full before we get to the desserts, but am afraid to be too hungry by 8pm.

I'm thinking of having the family go booth hopping at about 5:30 and be done eating by 6:30.

Strmchsr
09-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Are they the same "clear" 3D glasses that separate depth by color (ie., as you find in Crayola chalk kits)?
Y'know, the ones you can watch "Pocahontas" with at home, and get a cool 3D effect? :cool:

No they are very unique to Disney 3D glasses and create a special effect.