PDA

View Full Version : DisneyLAND Table Service Dining

cer
07-24-2014, 12:19 PM
OK,

We are going to be at DisneyLAND Resort in 35 days, over Labor Day weekend for the runDisney events.

I have no adult experience here.

Are there any not to be missed table service places that I should consider (the ones that are 'Classic Disney')? The kind that I would regret missing...

Are there any breakfast buffets?

Also, are dining reservations strongly encouraged for DLR?

Am I pretty much locked out already? :(

Thank you for your advice.

Melanie
07-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Classic Disney? Look no further than Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. The breakfast is outstanding, not buffet though. Another classic is Carnation Cafe on Main St. Eating on Main St. is something you just can't do at WDW, and Oscar (the chef, although retired from that duty now and just makes appearances) is a Disneyland institution himself.

And while normally I'd say don't stress on reservations at DLR, after being there last year for the DL Half, it was so crowded and I'd get reservations if you want to ensure eating somewhere.

BrerGnat
07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Napa Rose. Carthay Circle. Storytellers Cafe for breakfast buffet; Steakhouse 55 for a la carte breakfast. Cafe Orleans ia good, and Carnation Cafe is as Classic Disney as it gets.

BrerGnat
07-24-2014, 12:30 PM
And no, you are not too late. You can likely get a reservation anywhere you want at this point.

Christine
07-24-2014, 09:45 PM
If it's crazy busy bc of the race & you can't get ressies, I'm not kidding when I say the quick service food is AMAZING!!!!! Soup bowls, Cajun, Mexican, seafood, home cooking, conewiches, Chinese-it's all so good!

And I'll see ya real soon!!!

cer
07-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Thank y'all so much for the information! I am going to do some menu searching and try to get a couple of restaurants booked this weekend.

Christine, from my research, it looks to me like there is a lot more variety in the counter service restaurants... or maybe just there is more that appeals to me.

Getting excited...

Melanie
07-25-2014, 09:03 AM
True, there are some great quick service venues, in both parks.

Fangorn
07-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Don't forget the Blue Bayou. Yes, it's expensive and the food is not nearly as amazing as it once was, but in teams of Classic Disneyland experiences, you can't get much better than eating a Monte Cristo sandwich while watching the boats head down the bayou to PotC.

For the full effect, when you check in ask for a table by the water. It may require you to wait another 20 min, but it's worth it if you've never had that experience.

Steve

Elias1901
07-25-2014, 11:17 PM
A STRONG recommendation for a dinner seating at the Carthay Circle Restaurant from me. It's amazing! :thumbsup:

Zawadi
07-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Napa Rose. Carthay Circle. Storytellers Cafe for breakfast buffet; Steakhouse 55 for a la carte breakfast. Cafe Orleans ia good, and Carnation Cafe is as Classic Disney as it gets.

Napa Rose is closed for a refurb in August.

IMO either the work is essential or they are mad considering the crowd turning up for the run

Sylvia
07-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Carnation Café is my favorite DL table service. I always spend a lot of time on Main Street, so enjoying a meal while watching the hustle and bustle of Main Street is mandatory on every trip.

When I'm at the DLR, I usually have most meals at CS locations. Several of my favorite counter service locations are:

Disneyland:
French Market
Golden Horseshoe
Hungry Bear Restaurant

California Adventure:
Pacific Wharf