PDA

View Full Version : waitlist question

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-24-2014, 11:36 AM
First, I'd like to say how pleased I am with our recent waitlist experience. We had a 5 night trip planned during Food and Wine Festival in early October and about 3 weeks ago found it necessary to move the trip up by about 5 days. By booking individual nights, being persistent about looking daily on the DVC member site and booking a room if it became available, using the waitlist and updating as we were able to book nights, we have now been able to secure accommodations at Disney's Boardwalk Villas for all 5 nights of our stay...even over a weekend! The only glitch at this point is that our first night is in a standard room and the rest are in a pool/garden view room. I'm waitlisted for the pool/garden view room for that first night, but even if we have to move rooms, at least we don't have to move resorts and still have the convenience of walking into EPCOT through the back door to enjoy F&W Festival.

My question: does Disney look to see if anyone else has waitlisted that same night looking for a standard room, so they could switch the two of us around? I thought maybe someone would be in the same boat as us, or maybe someone would like to use a few less points. Just curious if anyone knows how they "work" the waitlist. Thanks!

VWL Mom
07-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Interesting question, if I'd have to a guess I would say the wl system is automated and there's not an actual person trying to match things up.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-28-2014, 09:07 PM
In case anyone is interested, I asked Member Services this questions when I called the other day to book a couple of culinary demonstrations. They do NOT cross-reference waitlists against each other, rather only check for waitlist requests based on current availability. That being said, the last night of our Food and Wine trip waitlist came through the very next day! We now have all 5 nights at the Boardwalk in the same room!! :mickey: The other thing I was pleased with is that Disney automatically linked all my reservations, (booked one night at a time) and they now show as one single reservation. No more re-checking in each day, as we've had to do in the past. This trip is shaping up to be a very good one!