PDA

View Full Version : What if "THIS WILL BE OUR LAST DISNEY TRIP”

BIGDOG
07-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately we all know the day will come when we might say or even think: "THIS WILL BE OUR LAST DISNEY TRIP”
If you knew that for a fact; be it due to age, health or wealth eventually that day will come for all of us.
So the question is:
What would you do? Anything different anything special or maybe just enjoy it with someone special?

For me it has been since 2009 and I’m trying my best to get back home in the fall of 2015. For a few personal reason this could very well be my last trip home; back to the World. At this time plans are still under renovation.

Terra
07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Oh goodness, when that day comes/if it comes it will be a sad one. I know it is crazy sounding but Disney has been such a "home" for us since living in Florida.

If it were our last visit, I'd certainly take even more pictures. I'd probably splurge on Memory Maker and on things I normally don't to remember those last Disney memories by.
I'd eat at a couple of places we normally don't because of budget. I'd take time to just sit and enjoy different areas in the World that we really love.
I'd journal about the experiences as well and then later set that to pictures.
I'd drop a ton of money on some souvenirs that we normally wouldn't buy.
We'd go out with a bang!

VacationDisney
07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Last trip? We have talked about it. Unless health reason comes up, and one never knows, we have, we hope, many more trips to do:mickey:

Last trip? We would stay longer, like 2 weeks. We would stay at our favorite resort AKL, dine at Victoria & Albert and do those very expensive tours.

Our 20+ trips have all been magical and look forward to more magical times at :thumbsup:WDW

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2014, 08:37 AM
I think I would slow down and try to enjoy the little things that make Disney so special, the smells, the sounds and smallest little details...it truly is incredible

minnie04
07-25-2014, 08:42 AM
WOW this is a sad one:(... I can't imagine not going back at least once a year. I know friends and family have dropped off going I guess they have out grown the parks or just Orlando itself. For me it's a great getaway for a weekend. As long as I’m able to get there I will visit. Hopefully with grandkids one day can't wait to see the world through their eyes, but that is a ways off…

If this were the last trip. I would stay longer maybe two weeks and book the best of everything go all out and slow down to take it all in... Enjoy some of the things we never do. Ride all the rides at least once. Just stop and listen to all the music, watch all the shows and parades etc. Just take notice of all the things we would usually rush by to get somewhere else…

I hope I never get tired of going :mickey:

tinkx2
07-25-2014, 02:46 PM
My DD and I are going down in Dec and now that you mention this... It very well could be for me. This is my DD 1st year of college and I'm sure that she will start vacationing with friends or boyfriend. So this maybe our last trip until she has kids of her own. (which could be a while as she wants to be a surgeon). Now that I think about this and the possiblities, it makes me very sad. It is like ( and I know this sounds a little drastic) you might die and you want to make sure that you see everything you want, smell all the smells, eat everything your have never tired, do evrything that you haven't done, but yet you want to take it slow and enjoy every moment.:sad:

vallerii
07-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Hopefully many years away, but on this note, I have wondered if there are nursing homes in Florida that take field trips to WDW.

Yes, I have seriously wondered that. If so, I'd be planning my future retirement.

MNNHFLTX
07-28-2014, 04:49 PM
I can't even comprehend the possibility.... :nono:

So, I guess I would have to say that I would approach that last trip not allowing myself to think of it as my last trip. I would enjoy everything the same way I always do--certain attractions as must-sees, but mainly going there to enjoy happy moments with family and friends. That's what makes Disney World and Disneyland special to me, that I get to enjoy it with the people I care about. If I actually thought it was going to be my last trip, I probably would not be able to bring myself to leave.

BrerGnat
07-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't want to ever be aware of which trip is my last.

kbean
07-29-2014, 11:05 AM
I would definitely avoid Ellen's Universe of Energy!!!

Take one last plunge down Splash Mountain!

Arielfan98
07-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Well...Would stay in the Ariel rooms...get the most deluxe dining plan...rent a car..and do some of the tours I've never done before. I'd splurge basically..:blush:

Cheshire_Girl
07-30-2014, 02:28 PM
I would ride the People Mover with my cream cheese pretzel over and over and remember all the wondrous Disney Days I had and all the people I shared them with and all of our favorite things to do and how each day was the best day ever. Even the last day
And on my way out the tunnel I'd grab that Alice poster and run!!!

PopPhan
07-30-2014, 03:42 PM
I treat every trip as if it is my last trip! Do as much as you can....Make sure you hit all your favorites and ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!! :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
07-31-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't want to ever be aware of which trip is my last.

I agree with Natalie. I don't want to know when it's all coming to an end. I want to be there doing the things I love, with the people I care about most. I want to enjoy all the little details, ride all my favorite rides. Living and loving every second of the trip. Just like I always try to do!