PDA

View Full Version : Disney suprise need help

minnie04
07-21-2014, 04:20 PM
My DD22 is going to surprise my DS10 with a trip very soon (Aug 15). It will be the weekend before school starts. Here is the fun part she wants to do something special for him. My DD and DS have a love/ hate relationship these past few years. I think he just rubs her the wrong way and vise versa, but lately they have been getting along so awesome that it has made me cry just thinking about it. It has never been abusive or anything just eye rolling, can’t be around you, get away from me, never takes him anywhere kind of way (which is so upsetting to me because they were so close when he was smaller). So you can imagine when she told me she wanted to take him and ONLY HIM I lost it. Which to her reply was “your ridiculous mom"

Ok enough of that now back to the surprise. She has just received the magic bands today and she wanted to do something for him. I need to make it really special and more from her then what I would do. He already knows we are going at the end of August, so he keeps talking about our trip. So I think he would be shocked if she surprised him with a trip alone. I’m so excited for him...

what to do??? What to do???

We have a running joke in the family that every time we get on the turnpike heading north. Someone will say “let’s keep going and go to Disney” I thought since they have been going out together she could do something like that and tell him “let’s just go to Disney World (knowing his and her clothes are packed already in the car) and just keep driving. I think he would freak out. Poor kid might think she is going to drop him off somewhere and keep going…lol

She was thinking something with the Magic Bands..

Any suggestions would be great thanks ahead of time.
I just love all the love in the house :cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Maybe something with GPS--ask him to check (have it already programmed for WDW) an address she's trying to find, as she leaves with the secret suitcases...Bands in the glove box, ask him to "get sunglasses out", Disney brochures in front of the bands...Dash back in house to "grab two waters", MB wrapped around....Have CD in car (or on phone hooked up in car, however) with Disney music...Chalk it up to Mom, eye-rolling, tell him to get new CD out of glove compartment or console, with maps, bands, ears, etc. inside...Take him out to eat at his fave spot, arrange ahead for his order to come out with Disney stuff and MB on it. Have fun--sounds sweet!
:wave:

minnie04
07-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Great ideas!!! :thumbsup: She was thinking since we have the turnpike plaza right by the house, she was going to get the brochures (he always gets them) for Disney and make him a "gift box" and put all stuff in it for the trip and leave it in his room when he comes home. I would really like to see his face when he gets whatever she decides…I have a feeling he is going to think it’s our trip.. When he finds out he is going twice he is going to be so happy…Great way to end the summer :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Great ideas!!! :thumbsup: She was thinking since we have the turnpike plaza right by the house, she was going to get the brochures (he always gets them) for Disney and make him a "gift box" and put all stuff in it for the trip and leave it in his room when he comes home. I would really like to see his face when he gets whatever she decides…I have a feeling he is going to think it’s our trip.. When he finds out he is going twice he is going to be so happy…Great way to end the summer :mickey:

Oh, I would want to see his face, too! :mickey: I've seen how people use plastic tablecloth to make a balloon "wall" so when person opens door, they are surprised by it...Like when he returns, or wakes up in morning? Then gift box could be waiting just past the balloons. Have fun! Let us know how it goes! :wave: