PDA

View Full Version : Monorail & Boats During Night of Joy and MNSSHP

Disney_Barbie
07-21-2014, 10:27 AM
We're staying at a monorail resort during a time span that we will encounter both Night of Joy & Mickey's-not-so-scary-Halloween-party.
We are not attending any of these, but are curious about transportation during these special ticketed events (monorail operating hours are still a great mystery to us since we generally stay in the epcot area resorts and are very used to just walking anywhere we want to go)
Anyone have any experience staying at monorail resorts during these events in the past years?
We're wondering how late the monorail will be running on these nights, if we wanted to pop over to one of the other monorail resorts for dinner or a something, we're trying to figure out if we'll be able to take the monorail home?
Also, one of the nights we have dinner @ Artist point - will the boat be operational? We'll probably be leaving dinner @ about 9:30 or10 (it's a night of joy that night, which goes until 1am but normal park hours are only until 7pm) I hope the boat will still be running so we don't have to bus back to MK & re-route there
We try to avoid busses whenever possible
Thanks!

Scorpiosammy
07-21-2014, 10:46 AM
I cannot speak for the boats as I avoid them (hydrophobic and makes me motion-sick) or the NOJ.

I can speak about MNSSHP as we do that every year. They always have the Resort monorail loop running well after the party is officially over. There is a long line though as its only running that one line and not using the "express monorail" line to the TTC. But at least they are still running the monorail after he party so we can all get "home" :thumbsup:

I'm with you on avoiding the buses whenever possible ;)

VWL Mom
07-21-2014, 11:58 AM
The WL/MK boat is usually running on party nights, the WL/CR boat is operational to 1030P. The bus from MK/WL bus is mostly always empty and is very quick. A cab from WL to the monorail resorts is about $6 so that's another option.