PDA

View Full Version : Episode 65 - Live From The Tri State Area

John
07-19-2014, 03:39 PM
The Cast: Carol Robert, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Gary O'Brien, Ian Mitchel

- Carol is back!

- ICOT Sports Talk and Geography

- Harry Potter Stuff & Universal

- Buy your tickets from the Official Ticket Center & go for multiple days.

- Food at Universal Studios Orlando

- Cabana Bay Hotel - Calling Sammy Davis Junior

- Summer Road Trips & Magic Fingers. Holiday Inn & Howard Johnson's

- Our "Go-to" Hotels

- Dad, he's licking me!

- Carol doesn't like Florida

- Metro train lessons

- Melanie will be at Universal on Diagon Alley opening day

- Sounds Like Summer - ICOT Meet, flopping and flailing

- Pointe Orlando - Minus 5 Ice Bar review

- Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

- John hasn't seen Frozen - Ian hasn't seen It's A Wonderful Life.

- Sounds like plush, but it's really paper. Flat Olaf

- Pal Olaf & Glow With the Show MagicBand - INTERCOT Consulting

- 300 Minute wait for Frozen Meet & Greet

- Making walk up FastPass reservations are nearly impossible now for good rides.

- Gary in Space

- Take it or Leave It - DME, Mel Take, Gary Take, Carol Take, Christine Take, Ian Take, John Leave.

- What did we learn?

- Goodbye Kasey Kasem - American Top 40. Weekends were made for it.

- Shane Gamble released "Beautiful Work" - Song going to radio in August! John was an executive producer. We play it to close the show.

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey's (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-65.asp)

cer
07-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Yay!!!

By the way....take it. Love DME.

Carol
07-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Um. I'd like to apologize in advance to those living South, West or East of New York. Summer makes me cranky. :fresh: :blush: :fan: :faint: :hide:

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2014, 06:53 AM
YEA!!! SO exited to get a new podcast - and hear that Carol is back!!

*and don't worry Carol - I get the loathing of the weather...despite my nostalgia for my growing up years in Florida - I can't go now unless it is late Fall, winter, or early Spring. :) (basically Oct - Feb).

Listening to it now... and grinning ear to ear as I hear Christine introduce my sister, Nikki, (*we share this avatar*) after they were at Sounds like Summer.

Christine... can you sing!? it sounds like you can!!

Continuing to listen...

:mickey: Carolyn

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2014, 07:53 AM
DME... I'm with John.. LEAVE it.

While I appreciate that for some people, it is an awesome perk (that feels like it is free)... I just don't like to wait! Waiting to get on the bus, sitting on the bus and waiting for other people to get on the bus...and then waiting for your hotel stop while you go thru everyone else's stop first. and no option to stop for groceries, etc. AND... I recall thinking that we had to leave too early for the airport. Having said that, we did use it for my sister-in-law's family to get back to the airport which allowed the rest of us to hang out a little longer...

Carolyn

Christine
07-20-2014, 11:57 AM
YEA!!! SO exited to get a new podcast - and hear that Carol is back!!

*and don't worry Carol - I get the loathing of the weather...despite my nostalgia for my growing up years in Florida - I can't go now unless it is late Fall, winter, or early Spring. :) (basically Oct - Feb).

Listening to it now... and grinning ear to ear as I hear Christine introduce my sister, Nikki, (*we share this avatar*) after they were at Sounds like Summer.

Christine... can you sing!? it sounds like you can!!

Continuing to listen...

Carolyn I cannot sing- I do however tend to warble after a few cocktails. :blush:

My lesson learned should not have been "don't come to the podcast late" but rather "don't come to the podcast AT ALL after spending a day at Epcot drinking around the world with INTERCOTees!! :blush:

Also, yay Texas!!! :cowboy:

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2014, 01:38 PM
My lesson learned should not have been "don't come to the podcast late" but rather "don't come to the podcast AT ALL after spending a day at Epcot drinking around the world with INTERCOTees!! :blush:

no...no.... maybe the hidden lesson is to do the podcast WHILE you are going around the world with Intercotees!! ;) ...and then, you won't be late! :)

Nikki said you guys had a blast. I love Boston...I would love loved it myself.....maybe next time.. maybe during Food and Wine!?!?

hhmmm.....

Christine
07-20-2014, 01:41 PM
We did have fun!! Love her!! Boston was great, it was their first time here & I think they're a great addition.
I'm ready for y'all to be closer where you can visit more.

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2014, 01:51 PM
me too!! I just got back from Romania and will go back for 2 more weeks soon... BOOHOO!!

I would MUCH rather be hangin' at the world... which is why I LIVE for these podcasts!! :)

Thanks to everyone for doing them!!

SBETigg
07-20-2014, 02:08 PM
DME, I voted Take It, but honestly we've used Quicksilver for the past few trips (Dolphin stays) and I love avoiding the DME and being greeted and driven straight to my hotel. DME is cool, and free, so I wouldn't pass it up if I had time and patience (which I do on longer trips), but I'm not sure I wouldn't pay for the convenience of having my own driver anyway.

BriarRose0708
07-21-2014, 09:59 AM
I voted Take It, but I have not had positive experiences with DME lately. The past couple trips my reservation hasn't been in the DME system and the last trip we missed our pickup time because we never got one and by the time we called to check it was too late. A very expensive cab ride later to MCO made me soooo cranky. I know Disney contracts this service out but they need to get their act together. We are using Quicksilver on our upcoming trip because we're flying into Sanford.

Pooh Fan
07-21-2014, 12:27 PM
DME - The correct answer is Take It! Sorry John!
I get that even though it's "Free" we all pay for it. But I figure I'm further ahead to pay the hidden cost and use it than to pay and not use it. Realistically I'm about 50% for when I actually use it. Car rental is always the first choice but sometimes I like immersing into "The World" and not driving or leaving the magic for the duration of the trip.
It was great to have so many of you back together on the same podcast. Maybe next time you can even talk about some Disney related stuff! LOL!!
Was so happy to see the new podcast downloaded onto my i-phone as I set out for a long drive yesterday.
Love Love Love what you guys do! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
07-24-2014, 12:39 PM
DME- LEAVE IT. Just not for us. We pony up the extra dough for Quicksilver.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Am I crazy, or was there multiple mentions by the Podcast crew that there was no such thing as a one-day park hopper ticket at Disney?

I ask because there is such a thing at Disney...

John
07-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Am I crazy, or was there multiple mentions by the Podcast crew that there was no such thing as a one-day park hopper ticket at Disney?

I ask because there is such a thing at Disney...

I was wondering if someone would pick up on that. Used to be that was only an option with third party or specialty convention tickets - but you are correct... you can now add the hopping to a one day ticket.

$35 for add-on to a 1 day Magic Kingdom; $40 for add-on to a 1 day Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom.

Good catch!

GMRO
07-25-2014, 02:58 PM
All I can say is WOW...WOW...WOW...

Got to the break and just into the 2nd part. Love it. FUNNY, you missed the correct title. Should'a called it "haters gonna hate". You guys were brutal! But found it very funny.

And BTW, MS. Carol...the nat news just reported this week that New York was voted the most miserable city to live in. Ironic the other places not liked mentioned. For me anything with "NEW" in the title I've no use for. In no specific order - New Jersey, New York, New England, New Orleans...etc all top the "if you gave me a free pass to visit I'd say keep it" list.

Can't wait to delve into the 2nd half of the podcast.

And CW - so brutal on Frozen. Again - missed the title of this podcast..."haters gonna hate." ;)

I'd like to take that challenge in Minus5...was it naked or nakk'ed? I'm all in!

Nice change and nice views. AND no harm no foul!

THANKS!!!

Christine
07-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Ron you're too funny! Love your title!

I apologize for my obnoxious ranting about Frozen- not for my dislike of it, I stand by that :) - just my obnoxious behavior. I was definitely drinking that Hatorade!!! (Well that, and a lotta beer at the mini ICOT meet!!) :blush:

Apologies!! :)

Melanie
07-26-2014, 08:42 AM
I apologize for my obnoxious ranting about Frozen- not for my dislike of it, I stand by that :)

Oh no - don't lie now!

GMRO
07-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Ron you're too funny! Love your title!

I apologize for my obnoxious ranting about Frozen- not for my dislike of it, I stand by that :) - just my obnoxious behavior. I was definitely drinking that Hatorade!!! (Well that, and a lotta beer at the mini ICOT meet!!) :blush:

Apologies!! :)

No worries! Funny and entertaining for sure.

JY, wow that really stinks that no FP+ available for your day on land during the cruise. That is horrible.

Watching FP+ evolve has been fun. But I'm still not sold on the idea. Since we won't be headed to WDW in 2015 it will be interesting to see what improvements they make to the system by our return in 2016. UNLESS we somehow score a quick 4 day trip just to get our fix... ;) 2015 is Alaska for us.

Far as DME - never used it. But I say take it. Like you JY we rent a car. Have used the motorcoaches in the past for park hopping at times but usually I enjoy my own form of transportation. I'll pick my destiny and who I'm willing to sit next to. Though IF we did a quick trip as mentioned above DME will likely be used since it's a quickie per say and we'd be flying in vs. our normal drive to FLA.

Great podcast! Very funny rambling and really enjoyed the childhood stories and vacations. Never did that as a kid...so I enjoy hearing those stories.

THANKS!

BTW> why is Ian's name listed 2wice above? That CW's alter ego when she's been out enjoying EPCOT's finest adult beverages and pops in late to the podcast??? ;)

JMTStone
07-31-2014, 12:51 PM
My take it or leave it made it to the podcast! I'm also a "take it".

I like that they take care of my luggage from Pittsburgh to my villa. I like that I don't have to pay for rentals (Like Carol says - the price is right).

On our most recent trip (July), we had planned out everything well in advance. Including Harambe Nights and Illuminations Sparkling desert party. I was happy with Fastpass+. My kids were lazy one morning and I had to move my Soarin from 10 AM to 2 PM and did it right on the app. Festival of Fantasy parade was cancelled because of rain and they emailed me that I had other options to replace it. One was Anna and Elsa... we took 7DMT.

Also, Stayin Alive mini-INTERCOT meet was fabulous. It was great to see you guys. Even Jon was excited to hear them.

I do have a Harambe Nights and Illuminations Sparkling Desert party reviews I'll be putting on the boards.

Hoping we have updates on the #runICOT t-shirts soon. I'm TRAINING!!!!!

- The other Mel

cer
07-31-2014, 02:23 PM
I do have a Harambe Nights and Illuminations Sparkling Desert party reviews I'll be putting on the boards.

I am looking forward to this...:thumbsup: