PDA

View Full Version : Roy and Minnie

Nut4DW
07-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Where is the statue of Roy and Minnie sitting on a bench? I know I've seen it before but cannot remember where it is.....it's heck to get old....lol

Altair
07-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Enter the park from the left side and it's near City Hall. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
As soon as you enter the Magic Kingdom and cross under the Railway, you will see them right in the middle of Town Square ..... They are seated so that you can see Cinderella's Castle behind them and the Railway Station immediately before them.

Polynesian Dweller
07-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Both of the above are kind of correct. Normally the statue is where Mickey's a Girl indicates. But they do move the statue to where Altair indicates when they need to use the centre area of Town square such as Christmas and Halloween or other special occasions. So,if it's not in a Town Square check City Hall.

yankeesfan123
07-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Totally weird. I never knew they moved it.

I never saw it to the left near city hall. Always dead center with the castle behind it!

Giggy
07-20-2014, 07:29 AM
i wasn't aware that they moved it! I was just looking at our picture of it (early September, the Halloween decorations are out) and it is by the flowers at the foot of Main Street. We can see Main Street and Cinderella's Castle in the background.

We had fun with this picture, my sister is sat with Roy and Minnie but just before the picture was taken I gave Roy my hat. It's a cap for my local soccer team in England, AFC Telford United. It was fun to advertise 'The Bucks' in Disney World. :secret:

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2014, 11:33 AM
i wasn't aware that they moved it! I was just looking at our picture of it (early September, the Halloween decorations are out) and it is by the flowers at the foot of Main Street. We can see Main Street and Cinderella's Castle in the background.

We had fun with this picture, my sister is sat with Roy and Minnie but just before the picture was taken I gave Roy my hat. It's a cap for my local soccer team in England, AFC Telford United. It was fun to advertise 'The Bucks' in Disney World. :secret:

They don't always move it right away, but it's very common to move it in October. Don't know the exact criteria to do so, but it does move. Google Roy and Minnie, choose images, and you'll see a few, there's one from 2010 under a plaque by City Hall.

Giggy
07-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Just had a look, we were last there in August/September 2010. In early September it was in front of Main Street so maybe they moved it a bit later. I don't have any picture of it from the start of our vacation so don't know if it was there or yet another place.

I will keep an eye on this in the future! ;)

ransam
08-31-2014, 02:28 AM
that's funny. I've argued with myself swearing it was here, when it was there. LOL