PDA

View Full Version : Do not be discouraged when making ADRs!

savafan
07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
But be prepared to change your plans at the very last minute if there's a restaurant that you really want to get, but haven't yet had the luck.

I've been trying an experiment every day for about the last week, just checking each night to see what reservations are open at different times for the next day or 2 days. So far, nearly every single day I'm able to find reservations for one or both of those days for all of the hard to get restaurants, including Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, and Be Our Guest. BOG is definitely the rarest one I've seen so far, but it does happen.

I'm keeping this in mind for our trip in November, and I think everyone else should keep it in mind also, because I've seen a lot of discouraging posts, but I see a lot of chances if you're willing to change your plans a day or 2 in advance.

My guess is that people unwilling to pay the $10 per person no show fee are canceling their reservations quite often at the last minute when they're not able to show up. :party:

debandbub
07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Just the bit of hopeful thinking I was wishing for. We don't typically use ADR's but I found myself completely in charge of my DB's entire trip, and at 113 days out, finding it tough to get the ADR's they want. Not even anything too outrageous - like they want Liberty Tree Tavern - I never recall that being a "hard get". Fingers crossed!

epceddie
07-17-2014, 10:20 PM
My sister and I have been checking for Be Our Guest dinner reservations on Nov. 10 for months and absolutely nothing has come up. It's been frustrating, but we're not giving up yet!