PDA

View Full Version : Boma Breakfast Bust

whymsycalwitch
07-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Is there something going on at Boma during breakfast hours during marathon weekend that I missed? I have been trying every morning since Saturday (our 180 day mark). I've tried for every combination of people, for everyday of our trip and I've even called. The rep isn't saying anything other than there's nothing available. Has Boma breakfast become a new "hot" spot?

4disneynuts
07-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Boma is my DH favorite place to have breakfast. The food is wonderful and the price is more reasonable than a lot of other places.
I'm not sure if more people are realizing that it is a good option but we have never had a problem getting a ressie there. Like you said maybe there is something going on that week. The only issue I have with it is getting there. You have to go to AK or another park and then transfer to the AK bus. Its kind of a pain but my DH said its worth it.:mickey:

Ms. Mode
07-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Boma is my DH favorite place to have breakfast. The food is wonderful and the price is more reasonable than a lot of other places.
I'm not sure if more people are realizing that it is a good option but we have never had a problem getting a ressie there. Like you said maybe there is something going on that week. The only issue I have with it is getting there. You have to go to AK or another park and then transfer to the AK bus. Its kind of a pain but my DH said its worth it.:mickey:

Ditto this! My DH loves it there!

#1donaldfan
07-17-2014, 03:27 PM
We love Boma for breakfast. It's our last day meal on most trips. We have never had to have a reservation, EVER !! Those times we've stayed there to the times we've traveled over, it's always walk right in. I sure hope that's not the case as we love it so much and to not be able to get in for lack of a reservation would be terrible. :cool:

whymsycalwitch
07-17-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm going to keep trying because I really want to eat here.

#1donaldfan
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
I would still try to walk up.....we've never had a reservation there for breakfast.....dinner several times, but never for breakfast...:cool:

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Never been to Boma for breakfast but have for dinner and it was fantastic... One of the best meals I had on property...

mamatedd
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
We have a first time ressie for breakfast for our upcoming trip. I booked it because of all the social media buzz- I haven't heard a bad thing about it! Hope it lives up to the hype! Lol! Keep trying & good luck!:thumbsup:

whymsycalwitch
07-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Never been to Boma for breakfast but have for dinner and it was fantastic... One of the best meals I had on property...

That's why it's bumming me out that I can't get a reservation. The dinners there are amazing!

VWL Mom
07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
There doesn't seem to be availability for any January dates yet, They (1) may not have opened the books yet or (2) they're going down for a refurbishment that hasn't been announced.

whymsycalwitch
07-21-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't think refurbishment because we were able to get a dinner reservation. We were hoping to do breakfast in the morning, AK all day & then back there for dinner.

#1donaldfan
07-31-2014, 12:36 PM
We had Boma this Saturday morning, got there about 10:30 AM. We didn't have reservations and got right in, no more than a 5 minute wait. Like I mentioned before, we've never had to have reservations there and always get in. It was busy and nearly full when we walked up and I was just a bit worried, as we typically eat first thing.....as always it was incredible, jungle juice, coffee et al. :mickey:

Lindsey310
07-31-2014, 01:10 PM
We have tried dinner there multiple times and breakfast once during our last trip in Feb 2014. Best breakfast buffet on property in my opinion. Just keep trying, you never know when something will open up. :eat:

125 days!!:mickey: