PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the crowd after the fireworks at Epcot

Itchy
07-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I have looked but could not find the answer so I will ask the all knowing fellow Intercot'es.

My lady friend and I would like to see the fireworks at Epcot this trip as she has never seen them.

She is using an ECV and we must return it the early evening of Sept 5th which is our last night at WDW. That night has extra magic hours.

So do you think that we should do the fireworks on a night when she has the ECV and fight the crowd for the buses or try to have her walk it out on the 5th.

On a regular night do the push you out of the parks as quickly as they can or are you able to find a place to have a drink and wait our the crowd.

Thanks for any help...:mickey:

yankeesfan123
07-12-2014, 12:36 PM
I have looked but could not find the answer so I will ask the all knowing fellow Intercot'es.

My lady friend and I would like to see the fireworks at Epcot this trip as she has never seen them.

She is using an ECV and we must return it the early evening of Sept 5th which is our last night at WDW. That night has extra magic hours.

So do you think that we should do the fireworks on a night when she has the ECV and fight the crowd for the buses or try to have her walk it out on the 5th.

On a regular night do the push you out of the parks as quickly as they can or are you able to find a place to have a drink and wait our the crowd.

Thanks for any help...:mickey:

Just find a quiet place to wait it out. You won't be pushed out. People will be eating dinner well past park closing time.

As far as whether or not to walk or use the ECV, that's a personal decision based on your situation and preferences.

SBETigg
07-12-2014, 01:18 PM
If she's walking it out, you could save her some steps by entering/leaving through the International Gateway near the Epcot resorts. This would involve taking a bus or taxi to one of those resorts, taking the boat over (I would walk, but if she has issues perhaps the boat) and the boat back, then maybe a cab from one of those hotels to where you are staying. The other advantage to this is that you're not fighting big crowds to get out at the end of the night. You could find a spot early, perhaps even a seat, and just settle in and stay a little later, lingering over drinks or snacks. It saves her the extra walking through Future World.

To walk to International Gateway, I would go to/from Beach Club. But with mobility issues, perhaps the boat from Boardwalk or Yacht Club. But if she's with the ECV, the buses to the main entrance then through FW to WS, will probably work best.

Pirate Granny
07-12-2014, 05:45 PM
They are having after hours 9:30-11:30 at four EPCOT restaurants . It's $35 a person and you get a flight of drinks and small plate of food. May be a nice way to end your evening, after the fireworks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
If you want to watch the fireworks without the ECV, know that you can take your time getting out the park, stop for something to drink, or just sit on a bench and people-watch. Especially with extra magic hours, the park will still be open so you can take as long as you want without issues. On a regular night there will still be people eating, shopping and there will be no issues.

Would I do go without the EVC? It depends on how she is feeling. It is a long walk through Epcot and if it is too much perhaps you could see about keeping the ECV a few more hours, or renting a wheelchair for the evening.

As PirateGranny says, if you want something a bit special to "wait out" the crowds, check out the details for Epcot After Hours (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/search/?searchQuery=epcot+after+hours+wind+down&autoSuggestedQuery=epcot+after+hours+wind+down&typeOfLink=suggestedTerm).

CaptSmee
07-14-2014, 02:19 PM
I have never been "rushed" out of Epcot ever & now they encourage you to stay & drink now & spend more $$$

yankeesfan123
07-14-2014, 05:39 PM
I have never been "rushed" out of Epcot ever & now they encourage you to stay & drink now & spend more $$$

You definitely don't need to pay for the after-party to just linger in WS after Illuminations.

CaptSmee
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
You definitely don't need to pay for the after-party to just linger in WS after Illuminations.

no you don't, done it hundreds of times! :cool: & it doesn't matter the time of year

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2014, 10:00 AM
No matter when we stay late at Epcot (which is most nights of the trip), if it is post-Illuminations, we stroll over to the Boardwalk, enjoy any activities there for a while, and make our way to the concierge area at the Boardwalk and take a taxi. It's quite inexpensive ($12-$15 and that includes a healthy tip) to pretty much anywhere on property. It's a lovely way to get back to your resort without battling crowds.

ransam
08-04-2014, 03:08 AM
if you watch it by the American Adventure usually the last show time is right after Illumitations If so go to that. I did it a couple years ago and by the time the show was over, the country section was empty, It was one of my coolest moments walking by my self, no crowds to the front. Occasionally I saw an employee doing work, but mostly I was alone. Got some great night pictures and talk about relaxing. It was really nice.