PDA

View Full Version : Riding with a baby

JennyAnne
07-10-2014, 08:06 PM
When riding with a little guy (7-8 months old), what will they ask me to do on rides such as Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pirates, etc.? I'm assuming he sits on my lap? In a carrier or out of one? I do have a Beco, but I wasn't sure what WDW required.

TIA! :mickey:

BrerGnat
07-10-2014, 08:26 PM
It varies by ride. In my experience, if a ride has a lap bar, you will have to remove the baby from a carrier. You can still sit him on your lap. On stuff like the TTC, train, Pirates, HM, Small World, etc. he can stay in a carrier. When in doubt, ask the CM at the line entrance.

yankeesfan123
07-10-2014, 08:46 PM
If you bring him on RNRR he has to sit in his own seat.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2014, 09:47 PM
:funny: I thought you were going to suggest a car seat! (of course, with needing to be 48" that would be a big 8 month old). ;)

JennyAnne
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
:funny: I thought you were going to suggest a car seat! (of course, with needing to be 48" that would be a big 8 month old). ;)

You never know...those crazy growth spurts!!!! ;)

Eric87
07-21-2014, 10:29 AM
We took our daughter down when she was 10 months, and just got back from a trip with my son, who was 3 weeks. They did all of the dark rides and shows. Most times, we would take him/her out of the seat and hold them. Most of the time they would ask that the bar or seat belt went over him/her too. We only brought the carrier in with us to the shows.

ANG
07-26-2014, 07:19 PM
I've worn my son on most rides (appropriate ones). The CMs told me it was fine to leave him on as long as the lap bar comes down to a good spot. If not, I just took him off and held in my lap. Carriers are so awesome for rides!