PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question #2

MrPeetrie
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
First, I apologize for these questions, but my 60-day mark is coming in only 12 days and I just found out today I can't make my FastPass+ reservations WITHOUT tickets linked to MDE. I have our room paid, but I guess that doesn't cut it.

Do I need to purchase all our tickets at the same time? Or can I purchase two 10-day tickets this week and two 10-day tickets next week WITHOUT screwing up the system? (I am really nervous about this.)

DizneyRox
07-09-2014, 04:10 AM
All I know is that you'll only be able to plan for those that have a ticket linked to their name in MDE. How/when you add a ticket to each person is up to you. When I helped someone, there was a code you needed to enter for each person.

yankeesfan123
07-09-2014, 06:51 AM
You can purchase the tickets whenever. It doesn't matter.

You can link the tickets to MDE whenever.

A person needs to have a ticket linked to their name to be able to make a FP ressie though.

disneymom15
07-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Here's what we did. We purchased four 5 day base tickets just so we could link them to MDE. Then when we entered MK on our first day there, we upgraded them to AP's.

DisneyGiant
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Bottom line is - no tickets linked = no fast passes.

I have to say though - adding additional people in the room & fast passes was so easy - once I added the people to the room & their tickets - I was able to copy our fast passes to the new folks. So we're all now on the same fast pass schedule.

I will again caveat - I am not crazy about scheduling my attractions ahead of time - but if I want limited line standing - then that is what we have to do.....

pixiesmimi
07-15-2014, 04:42 PM
I just found this out also this week. I am supposed to start making our FP next week. We have the two day tickets purchased with our package but I haven't bought our other tickets yet. I found out I can only make the FPs with those two tickets until I get the other tickets and link them. I was going to wait to make sure we weren't going to have to cancel the trip before purchasing the rest of the tickets but feel like if I don't get the FP reservations made, I will have a hard time getting them later. Is this true? How hard is it to get FP times closer to the time you go. We are supposed to go the last week in Sept.

yankeesfan123
07-15-2014, 06:44 PM
I just found this out also this week. I am supposed to start making our FP next week. We have the two day tickets purchased with our package but I haven't bought our other tickets yet. I found out I can only make the FPs with those two tickets until I get the other tickets and link them. I was going to wait to make sure we weren't going to have to cancel the trip before purchasing the rest of the tickets but feel like if I don't get the FP reservations made, I will have a hard time getting them later. Is this true? How hard is it to get FP times closer to the time you go. We are supposed to go the last week in Sept.

This system has never been in full roll-out for late September yet. Any feedback you receive will be from people who have gone at others times of the year.

That being said, late September is somewhat slow, but with a few big special events going on, the big attractions might be booked.

There's no way of knowing. It's a risk you take.

disneynarula
07-21-2014, 11:07 AM
UGH... My friend who is staying at our resort in another room is not buying her tickets until she arrives. She is buying her military discount discount tickets but not ahead of time.

Now I won't be able to link her FP+ with ours?

This is ludicrous!:mad:

DizneyRox
07-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Now I won't be able to link her FP+ with ours?

I believe this to be true.

You need a ticket in order to get a fastpass. You can get a fastpass at 6 days out if you have a hotel reservation, only 30 if you don't.

Either way though, you need a ticket.