PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on rope drop

pcoleman
07-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Plan on getting to MK at rope drop. Go left do JC, PoC, SM, BTMR and HM. want to be done by late morning. FP for 7DMR, Dumbo then Space M lunch time and early afternoon. Want to leave park then and cool down at hotel pool. Go back in park for evening try and get a 4th FP. Does this sound reasonable?

rjmdds
07-08-2014, 06:08 PM
That sounds very reasonable and doable.

Kairi_7378
07-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a doable, fun day at the MK!

AndrewJackson
07-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Definitely. Most at rope drop are racing to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. You should be able to do all you have listed with little wait. Have fun!

Basket Mommy
07-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Do they still stagger the opening of Adventureland? Maybe it's just during "value" season that they do that. I've been there several times at rope drop when we couldn't get into Adventureland until an hour after park opening.

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Plan on getting to MK at rope drop. Go left do JC, PoC, SM, BTMR and HM. want to be done by late morning. FP for 7DMR, Dumbo then Space M lunch time and early afternoon. Want to leave park then and cool down at hotel pool. Go back in park for evening try and get a 4th FP. Does this sound reasonable?

Maybe get your 4th FP before you leave the park to assure you get what you want. You can choose your times at the monitor.

missymouseworld
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Depending on what time of year you are going, you may find quite a line at the in park kiosks to get the additional fast passes. We just returned and were there from June 26-July 4th and the lines at the kiosk were quite long.

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah.... We were there in Late June also and it would have been great to have a FP for the FP lines.

But the lines did move fairly quickly, with the CM help at each monitor. We were able to add 3 to 4 FP each day of our visits to the parks. And it was nice not having to actually go to the ride to get the FP.

TheHD
07-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Do they still stagger the opening of Adventureland? Maybe it's just during "value" season that they do that. I've been there several times at rope drop when we couldn't get into Adventureland until an hour after park opening.

I might be wrong, but I thought they only did that during early EMH. In the past, we would hit rope drop during EMH and then hit "rope drop" for Adventureland an hour later.

FiggyFan
07-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I seem to remember JC opening a bit later than the rest of the park, even on a non-EMH day, when the rest of Adventureland is open. Has anyone else seen this?

pcoleman
07-08-2014, 11:15 PM
I think Adventure land opens late when EMH. We will be there on non-EMH morning so i hope it is not a problem. Can always do anther ride and come back to it. Hoping that side of park will be less crowed at start. We are going August 17-24.

#1donaldfan
07-09-2014, 12:31 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought they only did that during early EMH. In the past, we would hit rope drop during EMH and then hit "rope drop" for Adventureland an hour later.

This is how it's done.....we were there two weeks ago and hit both rope drops ...... :cool:

yankeesfan123
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Maybe get your 4th FP before you leave the park to assure you get what you want. You can choose your times at the monitor.

Bingo

Get your 4th FP BEFORE you leave the park and just choose a time for later in the evening.

cer
07-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Bingo

Get your 4th FP BEFORE you leave the park and just choose a time for later in the evening.

Yes, this.

Get it as soon as possible after the use of your 3rd FP+. That way you would have a greater opportunity to schedule one of the more 'in demand' attractions.

Pop Centurion
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
In my experience, since the Dumbo move, wait times have been significantly lower. On our trips around Thanksgiving '12 & this past NYE, it was pretty much walk on. It wasn't first thing in the morning so I don't know how different it will be so maybe others can give some input. But with that said, you might be better off changing you FP+ to BTMRR or SplM to optimize your time.

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-10-2014, 12:41 AM
In my experience, since the Dumbo move, wait times have been significantly lower. On our trips around Thanksgiving '12 & this past NYE, it was pretty much walk on. It wasn't first thing in the morning so I don't know how different it will be so maybe others can give some input. But with that said, you might be better off changing you FP+ to BTMRR or SplM to optimize your time.

This is very true now. Dumbo waits are seldom very long with the new version. That FP would be better spent elsewhere.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2014, 10:43 AM
You sound just like us! Rope drop, race over to Fantasyland to get everything done there and get out before the masses with the little ones arrive, do a few more, and head on out at noon, to do our relaxing for 4-5 hours at the pool or DTD or resort hop for a while, before heading back in the evening. For us, it's the only way to go! I hope you have a similar experience.

ransam
09-01-2014, 03:54 AM
I think anyway you do it, as long as it works for you, is good.