PDA

View Full Version : Positional Vertigo--Help!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Soooo frustrated! Thought I was over it. Struck in middle of night a few weeks ago. Couldn't lie down or turn to side. Have slept half upright on sofa since then. Round of steroids seemed to make it go away. Slept in bed last night, and it's back in full force. Have had some flurries of it if I move too suddenly, but this is the reeling again. Anybody have experience with this? Making another appt w doctor, ENT, this time. I'm not encouraged by what I'm reading. Disney trip planned a month from today. I wonder if I can even consider flying?....:(

tundramom
07-28-2014, 11:02 PM
BPPV (loose rocks) is very treatable, a Physical Therapist who has vestibular rehab experience is your best choice. Try to find one who has completed certification vs. continuing ed. course only. I am not sure what your state does but in Ohio you can search through the state PT/OT Board to locate one. Unfortunately, once you have had it, it does tend to reoccur. Repositioning techniques are usually quick, painless, and produce near instant relief. If you mean positional as in ortho static hypotension (blood pressure) that is another story - since you said ENT I assumed BPPV, hope this helps and good luck!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you so much for responding!

ransam
08-25-2014, 01:39 AM
I have had this and it can be so frustrating. It comes and goes with me. I haven't had it since May.
I will say that drinking lots of water does help and taking dramine helps as well.