PDA

View Full Version : Changing Resorts at Check-in?

Guya103
07-05-2014, 07:58 PM
My family and I will be checking into WL on August 1st for an eleven night stay. We recently found out about the current Silver Springs construction and will be upset if it is still going on when we are there. Surfing the web, I have found all sorts of different stories as to when the work will be completed. If we arrive and find that this is the case, would we be able to change to a comparable resort (say AKL) without hassle? We adore WL and are hoping that everything will be back to normal for our stay! :mickey:

VAdizneefan
07-05-2014, 09:43 PM
The pool refurb doesn't start until September 3rd so you shouldn't have any issues. :mickey:

Guya103
07-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. I am not talking about the pool but about the spring/creek/waterfall construction. This work is not noted on the official WDW website but I have seen photos and read about it on various sites including this one. Thanks!

yankeesfan123
07-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. I am not talking about the pool but about the spring/creek/waterfall construction. This work is not noted on the official WDW website but I have seen photos and read about it on various sites including this one. Thanks!

If it's that big of a deal, stop surfing the web. Call the hotel directly and find out the info. I wouldn't wait until you get there. Disney has no obligation to move you and can't guarantee availability anyways.

marlyn
07-06-2014, 12:03 AM
My family and I will be checking into WL on August 1st for an eleven night stay. We recently found out about the current Silver Springs construction and will be upset if it is still going on when we are there. Surfing the web, I have found all sorts of different stories as to when the work will be completed. If we arrive and find that this is the case, would we be able to change to a comparable resort (say AKL) without hassle? We adore WL and are hoping that everything will be back to normal for our stay! :mickey:

I'm also curious. We will be checking in the day after you, Aug 2, for a 14 night stay. I know the pool will be open but have wondered if waterfall work will be done by our visit:confused:

Guya103
07-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I have already contacted them. Thank you.

Guya103
07-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm also curious. We will be checking in the day after you, Aug 2, for a 14 night stay. I know the pool will be open but have wondered if waterfall work will be done by our visit:confused:

I have spoken to WL four times. The first time the woman would not admit that anything was being refurbished. The second time I was told it would be done by 7/1. The third time I was told 7/4 and most recently I was told that work was ongoing but no completion date was given. We love WL regardless but those temporary walls really affect the aesthetics we are paying for. I do know that this project began in May so let's hope we luck out!

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2014, 12:26 AM
I have spoken to WL four times. The first time the woman would not admit that anything was being refurbished. The second time I was told it would be done by 7/1. The third time I was told 7/4 and most recently I was told that work was ongoing but no completion date was given. We love WL regardless but those temporary walls really affect the aesthetics we are paying for. I do know that this project began in May so let's hope we luck out!

Unfortunately, you have not spoken to WL, you have spoken to the call centre. All public numbers are redirected to the call centre and they will answer as though they are the hotel. Doesn't matter which hotel all calls go to call centre.

The problem with this is that the CM could be located anywhere including several states away and are not necessarily up to date on info. In fact, they are notoriously inaccurate and inconsistent.

You could try asking to be put through to the actual hotel but that is extremely rarely done. You could follow the wildernesslodgesite fan site for info. Probably as accurate as anything.

marlyn
07-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm really glad I booked a Woods View room and not a courtyard one now!!

I suppose we should at least be happy that the pool will be open, and if we are lucky the waterfall will be up and running.

Guya103
07-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Unfortunately, you have not spoken to WL, you have spoken to the call centre. All public numbers are redirected to the call centre and they will answer as though they are the hotel. Doesn't matter which hotel all calls go to call centre.

The problem with this is that the CM could be located anywhere including several states away and are not necessarily up to date on info. In fact, they are notoriously inaccurate and inconsistent.

You could try asking to be put through to the actual hotel but that is extremely rarely done. You could follow the wildernesslodgesite fan site for info. Probably as accurate as anything.

This would explain the inconsistencies! Lol. Thanks for the info.

Strmchsr
07-06-2014, 08:29 AM
To answer your direct question - yes, you can request a move even at check-in. However, there are some huge drawbacks to that. First is availability. There's no guarantee there would be rooms available at another resort. Second is price. WL is the least expensive of the deluxe level resorts so you would have to pay to move and asking to move at check-in means there wouldn't be discounts available so you'd pay full rack rate for that move. If you have any concerns at all it might be better to change now rather than get there and either be stuck or end up paying significantly more.

KylesMom
07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Chris' answer is spot-on. A few years ago we received a really lousy room location for our 15-day stay at WL. When we asked if we could change resorts when told the resort was full & no other rooms existed, we were told that nothing was available for the rate we had booked at at any other resort. This was in late July / early August.

They finally found us a different room after a few nights of staying in the lousy room location, but changing rooms in peak summer season for that long of a stay to another resort was not an option within the same price point.