PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to Eat

masonlovesdisney
07-05-2014, 12:20 PM
In September, my girlfriend and I are going on our first trip to Disney alone. When I go with my family, we always eat at most of the same places (Biergarten, Pecos Bills, Mexico, etc). On this trip, we want to try out some different places, like the new Moroccan restaurant.

I was wondering, what is your favorite place to eat and why? It can be counter service or table service, or even just a snack.

faline
07-05-2014, 12:29 PM
My favorite is often a moving target depending on where I've eaten most recently and what of experience I had there!!

Some of my favorites include Plaza Restaurant at the Magic KIngdom for lunch and Tutto Gusto in Epcot Italy for lunch. I also enjoy California Grill, Citrico's and Jiko. On our last trip, we had an excellent dinner at Be Our Guest (after having had a mediocre dinner at the same venue on a prior trip).

Good luck planning!

masonlovesdisney
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I have heard great things about Be Our Guest, but do not particularly wanna wait a long time just to eat.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2014, 12:58 PM
My favorites in the parks are 1) Mama Melrose 2) Garden Grill 3) Coral Reef

My favorite in WDW are Ohana, Jiko, Bluezoo, Kona Cafe, and Sanaa.:thumbsup:

steamboat willy
07-05-2014, 01:56 PM
One of our go to places in AK is Yak&Yati express for Honey Chicken, enough to share if you like.
At DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express where you can get anything from wood burning Pizza to Meatloaf.
Oh yea....Mango Pie from the set down Yak&Yati Resturant.

akaDisneyDreamer
07-05-2014, 02:33 PM
My very favorites are Les Chefs de France in WS Epcot (for lunch, haven't tried dinner there, different menu) and Yak $ Yeti in Animal Kingdom park.

Tutto Italia and Nine Dragons are also very good. Oh and Flame Tree barbeque! Boma and Kona Kafe for breakfast.

There is a lot of good food in WDW!

texas211
07-05-2014, 02:55 PM
2 musts for us:
Epcot
France, for vodak/lemon slushes
Germany, Caramel anything...

Something different would also be the waffle sandwich place at MK, over near Liberty Square.

MargaretMessler
07-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I can't speak for the new Moroccan restaurant, but we tried Marrakesh last year and we liked it. Perhaps a little overpriced, but then what isn't at WDW?

Have not had the pleasure of BOG for dinner, but we did enjoy lunch. In September we waited about a half hour around 1pm. It was hot so they handed out iced water and umbrellas to those standing in line, and menus for those that wanted to look them over. It really didn't seem like as long as it was. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Kona Café for breakfast was a new one we tried last trip, excellent.

steamboat willy
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
We did Be Our Guest for Lunch last year. We didn't have breakfast and got in line around 10:15 and were already on the bridge and able to see the door. We got right in when they opened. We loved it!
Hoping to get FastPass+ in a few days for our September Trip that is fast approaching and Our 30th Anniversary!
:wine:

masonlovesdisney
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Yak and yeti for sure. Love to eat there. Was just looking for something different to try out, like Marakesh.

so far I have Kona Cafe and BOG.

paragon
07-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Favorite place to eat in the parks:

MK- Cinderella's Table- usually our last night, nothing better than dinner in the castle

AK- always lunch at Tusker House- great buffet!

DHS- 50's Prime Time Café, keep those elbows off the table!

EpCot- Tutto Italia or Coral Reef, we usually alternate.

Favorite overall is actually the Cape May at the beach Club, we love it there.

azcavalier
07-07-2014, 08:28 AM
This should probably get moved to the dining forum.

There are so many good options at WDW, just pick a few you haven't tried and go for it!

A few suggestions, though.

If it's just you and your girlfriend, consider spending a little more $$$ for one meal, and try one of the signature restaurants. I would recommend the California Grill. I haven't been there since it reopened, but before it had a mustard butter pork tenderloin that was delicious. We got the recipe, and make it at least once a month, and everyone always asks for the recipe. My kids, nieces, and nephews all love it...even the picky ones.

Besides that, I love Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, Whispering Canyon Cafe, O'hana, Flame Tree BBQ, Columbia Harbor House, and Sanaa.

DKA041177
07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Tons of great choices mentioned above. We love the Rose and Crown Pub at the UK Pavillion, the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK, and if you are looking for counter service, we love the Columbia Harbour House sitting in the upstairs walkway.

CaptSmee
07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Tons of great choices mentioned above. We love the Rose and Crown Pub at the UK Pavillion, the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK, and if you are looking for counter service, we love the Columbia Harbour House sitting in the upstairs walkway.

Some of my favs, but I can't imagine a trip to WDW without eating at Ohanas :cloud9:

masonlovesdisney
07-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Oops. I did not think about putting this in the dining forum.

I have no problems with money whatsoever, so we are definitely down to try anything.

EpcotFan182
07-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Some of my favorite places are California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Le Cellier, and Rose & Crown.

Enjoy! :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
We like dinner at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The food is African influenced. We have nothing like it back home.

RBrooksC
07-08-2014, 03:23 PM
We've always loved Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge.

My wife and I love the BBQ food there. The skillet is a very good deal if you enjoy that type of food.

The antics there are fun but it can get loud.

snowflakegirl
07-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Some of our favorites are Restaurant Marrakesh (TS), Sunshine Seasons (CS), Teppen Edo (TS), Columbia Harbor House (CS) the bakery in Norway, and we LOVE Boma at the AKL. We also had a really tasty character breakfast at Tusker House in AK.

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Another vote for Yak and Yeti! You can get a reservation or the counter service is great too.

At MK, you can get a FP for the BOG lunch that is separate from your other FPs.

Epcot, we love the food in. Morocco for something sort of exotic but not too out there. Rose and Crown booked around 7:30ish and ask for a table on the patio. Tell your waiter you'd like to pace the meal and watch Illuminations... Always works for us! And try the Scotch Egg appetizer... It's better than you might think!

TracyL
07-08-2014, 09:20 PM
totally agree with other posters that you should plan at least one really special dinner -- California Grill, Citricos, or Monsieur Paul are all very memorable places for a beautiful meal.

Spice Road Table ("the new place in Morocco") is very good, and it's nice if you're not super hungry because they have tapas-style options. Everything we had there was fabulous, and the venue is nice if the weather is good because of the open walls. Restaurant Marrakesh is also fabulous and a great adventure if you're feeling like trying something new. We like that it doesn't book up as fast as some other places, so it's a little easier to get in. I guess people are afraid of the "weird food"! :D

I love Sunshine Seasons in the land pavilion for a quick bite early in the day. It tickles me to know that the lettuce in my salad was grown right there in the pavilion.

Add my vote for Yak & Yeti -- either the quick service side or the sit-down place. Both are good.

50s Primetime is great fun at Studios. I don't love any of the quick service places at that park, so we usually book at least one table service meal there. Hollywood and Vine is a good buffet. They've put a chocolate fountain into their dessert offering, although you don't get to dip your own stuff (probably wise from a sanitation standpoint).

I love the Plaza at MK, and for quick service there I like Columbia Harbor House. they don't get the crush of traffic like Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's, so it's often a little quieter there. Liberty Tree Tavern is also a nice table service experience (family style).

too many resort restaurants to even list, but a fun one for a different experience is Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. You can almost always get in, even on short notice, and it's a good hearty buffet of barbecue foods. they have the BEST corn bread!

Check with your travel agent -- I know Disney was offering free dining plans for some packages around the time you are going. Maybe there's a sweet deal to be had!

masonlovesdisney
07-10-2014, 03:07 AM
I have the free quick service plan! So just looking for a couple of nice table services that we have never been too. Restaurant Marakesh is on our plan for sure. We love to experiment with food, so that is on there (: