PDA

View Full Version : A surprise dinner credit - Signature suggestions?

scooterca42
07-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi - we'll end up having extra dining credits, and so I am looking for a good Signature restaurant.

We've been to Cali Grill and to Le Cellier. Who has another good suggestion?

mydisneygirls
07-04-2014, 01:03 PM
It's not a signature place but hoop dee doo is two credits and so much fun. I've heard Artist Point at WL is very good.

another tink
07-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Try Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. Great view, great food and great service.

:number1:

faline
07-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Some of my favorites are:
Jiko's at Animal KIngdom
Citrico's a the Gand Floridian
California Grill (which you've already done)

Disneyfun
07-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge! Very yummy steaks and the ambiance is spectacular!

Fangorn
07-04-2014, 03:06 PM
If you're up for something a bit on the adventurous side (although it doesn't have to be), Jiko is my favorite. Excellent food and service.

Narcoossee's is our happy place: good food (albeit pretty standard fare), excellent service and an incredible view.

Artist Point is excellent, but for us, since we live in the Pacific Northwest, the cuisine is normal for us and not particularly special.

Yachtsman can be wonderful if you're craving steak. Our experience has been that the service is spotty. But if you get Oscar as your server you are in for a treat. He has the ability to turn a good, but not necessarily fantastic meal into a stunning experience.

We don't care for Citrico's. Each time we've gone, we've had poor to awful service with a dash of arrogance thrown in for good measure. Don't need to go back again.

Steve

SBETigg
07-04-2014, 04:49 PM
I loved Bistro de Paris but haven't tried it since its transformation to Monsieur Paul, but I think it's probably still excellent just less formal.

I also love Citricos. Always have great food and service, and it feels a little more special than some of them. But all of them are pretty good. With the exception of Yachtsman Steakhouse, mediocre at best.

clarkee
07-04-2014, 05:46 PM
We have done a number of the ones already mentioned above. I personally think Le Cellier as a two is a joke but I'm Canadian. It was a number one pick when it only counted as one. I loved Cali and Artist Point. I also enjoyed Hollywood Brown Derby for two. But if I had an extra credit I would try that beautiful ship at Downtown disney. I have never done it but I am a seafood lover and I am dying to try it! Enjoy whatever you do!

VacationDisney
07-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Don't think you would be disappointed if you picked either Jiko or Artist Point. Both fantastic places:thumbsup:

joonyer
07-04-2014, 09:00 PM
If you don't want to go back to California Grill ( my first choice), I'd also suggest Jiko; it's exotic, different, and the food is fantastic.

scooterca42
07-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Thanks, all - we have Cali as our last night dinner, I love the suggestions for the others! I think maybe I'll let the hubby decide between the choices.

Much appreciated!:thumbsup:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
07-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Jiko is a hidden gem!

Bruegge
07-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Mid June we ate at Citricos, Narcoosees and California Grill.

All were great... Narcoosee's was our favorite. California Grill was really noisy, we were close to the open kitchen but it was still loud everywhere. Citricos was very good but my wife found her veal shank to be overly fatty..

Just an FYI

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Another vote for Jiko! :thumbsup: