PDA

View Full Version : Best FP + strategy for MK....2 adults

Gregandmel
07-04-2014, 10:33 AM
My dh and I will be at Disney end of September. Haven't been in 4 years and will be at Magic Kingdom on a Sunday. We won't be park hopping more than likely and will be there before opening. We love all the rides there but wondered your thought on the best FP's to obtain. Should we hit all the major things first thing in the morning and save the FP's for the afternoon and if so...which ones? Any insight on strategies would be great....we were pros at the old way so this takes even more thought put into it..ha:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
07-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Went in June. Although there were ten of us, we got everything we wanted, but it took time and thought. With only two, you should agree which rides are a must. If you can get the 7DMR for evening. I enjoyed the ride in the dark the best...bit then you limit yourselves to only 3 FP+ as all of the best rides are gone in the late afternoon for an addition 4th selection. We found that we could do HH and POC with 20 minute waits. So decide on the mountains as you'll only get two. Thankfully they haven't started to tier MK yet...

We went 15 days with 10 park days....took a couple of days brainstorming what days were where and then ADRs and finally the FP+ as some kiddos couldn't / wouldn't ride some things. My daughter spent six hours one day getting all the FP+ (bless her). Just hubby and I are going in December and I will sit with him to get his must do's for that trip. We'll have at least two days in each park so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Bruegge
07-04-2014, 11:26 AM
What we did was pretty simple.

Not an old pro ... hated the old fp system seemed stupid to me to go to a ride... get a ticket ... and try to get back before it expires AND not before it opens.

That being said....

We got fp's for day 2 at MK on the left side of the park... Splash, BtMRR and Peter Pan. Since we went mid June, we were able to hit Pirates, small world, Haunted mansion In-between our FP's. Had lunch at Cindy's castle, rode the carousel watched a parade and spent the rest of the afternoon back at GF.

Day 5 we did the Right side of MK. Early evening start.. FP's for the longest waits... Space, Mine train and Anna and Elsa, we did laugh floor, Winnie the pooh, Dumbo in-between.

Not an attack the park plan but we found it great for Me, DW, DD10, DD15.

P.S. we found minimal wait time at the kiosks (other than the one at the front of the parks) to get the imfamous 4th FP"s. No E- Tickets but over our vacation we got: Dinosaur, Pirates, Little mermaid, and Haunted mansion with no more than an hour and a half wait after using the 3 Original FP's

mandaep
07-06-2014, 07:23 AM
How was the wait for Anna and Elsa even with the fast pass???

Bruegge
07-06-2014, 09:53 AM
How was the wait for Anna and Elsa even with the fast pass???

10- 15 minutes... there were about 4 "groups" ahead of us.

Note: If using photo pass or memory Maker

Anna and Elsa are in the same room but you take pics and talk to them separately. (each has their own photographer)

We talked to the guy before us. He had his daughter with him. He said he got a FP because Photo Pass lost his pics on the first visit. We thought that was weird.

When we got back to the hotel and we had pics of Elsa but not pics with Anna. We touched our Magic bands with both photographers.

The CM at the photo pass desk at the GF was able to locate them (using the date and time on the Elsa pics) and load them on our Memory Maker. She said they are still working out this issue with the "new system" This was ~June 22nd. I'm pretty sure they worked it out by now, but I'd check my pictures before you leave your vacation.

kakn7294
07-06-2014, 02:24 PM
2 weeks ago, on a Saturday, the wait for Anna and Elsa with the FP was only a few minutes. We basically were admitted directly to the room with the characters and had to wait through 5 or so families ahead of us there. If you really want to see them, get a FP for them. If you want to ride the new Mine Train, get a FP for that or head there first thing as lines were consistently 90+ min long in the last week of June.