PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot rocks!!!

momef3grls
07-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I know I have not been very active lately but life has hit our family hard. On the day before mother's day this year my DH suffered a massive hemorrhagic stroke ( he is only 44yo). We have been struggling dealing with all the paperwork along with raising our 3yo DGS. Today our prayers have been answered. Home Depot has stepped up and is building my husband a ramp to assist with mobility....FREE OF CHARGE INCLUDING LABOR!! Words cannot express my gratitude. It would have taken all the savings we have put away to treat our DGS in 2yrs to take him to see the mouse. My husband is a Navy veteran and even though that is not what caused the stroke they are still doing this because of his service to our country. I am telling everyone I can how great this company is to do this. They came to me after a friend of my saw a post I put on facebook about how many struggles we have been having with different things. Blessings come from all places and thank you to the angels looking out for my husband, both here and afar.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-03-2014, 04:21 PM
How wonderful! I'm so glad they are doing this for you all! Please tell your DH that a lot of us out here appreciate his service and that includes your family's sacrifices as well.

Dulcee
07-03-2014, 04:30 PM
How awesome! Always nice to see a company step up for individuals in the neighborhood.

faline
07-03-2014, 06:25 PM
How wonderful!

Jeff
07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Very nice of HD!:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
HD has a great track record with the military. What a nice thing for them to do. Best wishes to your husband for his continued improvement.

Arielfan98
07-06-2014, 08:33 PM
This is great and goes to show miracles do happen :thumbsup: Best of wishes to you and your family:mickey:

momef3grls
08-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Home Depot is coming on Wednesday to install the ramp and my husband is finally coming home on Friday:cloud9:... So excited but also a little scared. I don't want to let him down... Now the planning can begin for when we take DGS to the World in 2016. Don't worry we will have lots of help...my DD24 and future son-in-law( has to ask Dad's permission and get the ring:secret:) are both college program veterans and we still have friends that work there that will help. Lots of exciting developments and can't wait to have my 2 men under the same roof. Thanks all for listening and please think about Home Depot when you are doing anything they really are a great corporation for everything they do for servicemen and not only for us.

princessgirls
08-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Very Happy to hear that Home Depot could help you!:thumbsup:

They are a good company, and truly care about civic responsibility.

May God continue to give you both the strength and patience you need as your husband recovers.

Julie:mickey: