PDA

View Full Version : MDE app accuracy of wait times

andypooh
07-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know how accurate the wait time for the rides are on the MDE app? Obviously someone currently there can best answer this question. Thanks

Strmchsr
07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Well, it's sort of hit and miss in terms of the MDE wait times are very accurate related to what is actually posted at the ride (if Peter Pan says 50 min, MDE will have that correct). However, and this is what's weird, it seems the wait time postings can be really, really off from actual wait times. I'm not sure what's going on, but sometimes 20 min is posted and you wait 50 and sometimes 45 min is posted and you wait 10. It's bizarre how inaccurate the actual vs. posted times have been over the last few months.

rjmdds
07-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Based on this and other posts also supporting this, I am tempted to use the other independent apps that offer real time wait times from people actually on the line. It's too bad that MDE isn't more accurate.

yankeesfan123
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Based on this and other posts also supporting this, I am tempted to use the other independent apps that offer real time wait times from people actually on the line. It's too bad that MDE isn't more accurate.

Oh, you New Jersey people are always standing "on" line

rjmdds
07-02-2014, 02:05 PM
:thumbsup:
Oh, you New Jersey people are always standing "on" line

:thumbsup:

PirateLover
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
In our experience, 90% of the time the error is in your favor. Example-App and sign list Pirates with a 45 minute wait. You decide you have nowhere else to be, so you might as well just wait. Voila! You walk on the ride in 15 minutes! This scenario played out quite often on our recent trip. Some rides with 30 minute waits listed were straight up walk-ons. When we realized this we got a little miffed, as we had purposefully avoided rides listed with high wait times via the app early in our trip.

faline
07-02-2014, 06:08 PM
You can usually judge when wait times are under-estimated when you see the line. I think folks may be heading to rides with "short" wait times when they see that on the app which then drives up the wait time to longer than what was reported - we noticed this a couple of times on our last trip.

kbean
07-03-2014, 07:16 AM
I feel they shuffle through more fast pass people now instead of stand by. My guess is to help push the magic bands. Make you feel like your getting worth out of it. Ive waited 30 mins over the posted stand by times when the magic bands officially launched. I cant say how it is now because i dont bother with over 20 min waits. I lost trust in stand by times. Although once i walked onto TSM with 20 mins posted as stand by. So you may get lucky.