PDA

View Full Version : Getting FP+ reservations while in the park

Goofy Pluto
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi. Question for you all about using and getting FPs while in the parks.

Once I have used up the three FPs I have can I use the My Disney Experience app in order to get more? Or do I have to use the kiosks?

And then does it become one at a time or can I get three more?

Thanks!

MargaretMessler
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi. Question for you all about using and getting FPs while in the parks.

Once I have used up the three FPs I have can I use the My Disney Experience app in order to get more? Or do I have to use the kiosks?

And then does it become one at a time or can I get three more?

Thanks!

At a kiosk. One at a time. Until the next change. I have a feeling the system will be tweaked a few more times before it's "final". I also don't see what the difference is between allowing you to use the app versus the kiosk. If you could use the app, you could theoretically book that 4th FP+ for EPCOT as you board the monorail to MK. Or decide on a different park if there were no good ones left at EPCOT.

TheHD
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
I also don't see what the difference is between allowing you to use the app versus the kiosk. If you could use the app, you could theoretically book that 4th FP+ for EPCOT as you board the monorail to MK. Or decide on a different park if there were no good ones left at EPCOT.

My guess is that they want to control this as much as possible. I don't think they want guests making FP reservations for an attraction at a different park than where the guests are physically. I think it's similar to the Dining reservations. Many people were making several reservations at different places in separate parks and cancelling one or more depending on which park they were currently at. This generated several cancelled reservations. Disney probably envisions the same issue for FP+ if they allow us to use the MDE app.

If I use my three FP early in the day at MK and then happen to see RnRC available for my 4th, I would be tempted to take it knowing I may or may not park hop to Hollywood or decide to stay at MK. I can see why they would want us to physically be in the park to help better "distribute" FP reservations without many cancellations.

Of course, I completely don't mind if guests cancel their FP, but to better control the FP system, I understand their reasoning.

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-01-2014, 09:22 PM
We just got back and I have to say, we kind of liked the new FP system. I managed to use 7 at the MK one day. And we didn't have to cross the park to get a new one.

The kiosks were all manned by cast members to move the lone along so it worked for is.