PDA

View Full Version : paying off a trip?

minnie04
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Is there a way to pay off my reservation on line? I know we can check in online, but is there any place to make a payment?

Strmchsr
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
If you booked directly through Disney, yes, you can do it with your MDE account. If you booked through a travel agent you'll have to make payments through them.

Fangorn
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
If you booked directly through Disney, yes, you can do it with your MDE account. If you booked through a travel agent you'll have to make payments through them.

This could be true for package reservations (I don't have any direct experience). but for room only reservations, you cannot make payments (other than the initial deposit) on-line. I currently have two such reservations, and when I made them, the fine print clearly (but not obviously) said that payments could only be made by calling - or waiting until check-in and pay it all then.

Prior to MDE, you could make payments for room-only reservations on-line.

Steve

minnie04
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks, it is a room only reservation. I just wanted to pay the balance ahead of time. I guess I will call closer to the dates and see if I can pay it off. They should really give you the option to do this. I think it would help guest. :mickey:

Terra
07-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks, it is a room only reservation. I just wanted to pay the balance ahead of time. I guess I will call closer to the dates and see if I can pay it off. They should really give you the option to do this. I think it would help guest. :mickey:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to go ahead and pay our room off for the end of August ahead of time as well. So much easier.

brownie
07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm a firm believer in putting it off as long as possible. I want to earn the interest.