PDA

View Full Version : 7 Dwarves Mine Train

paragon
06-30-2014, 07:38 PM
OK, by now, somebody here must have ridden this, and forgive me if its already posted somewhere, but I'm dying to know....
HOW IS THE RIDE??

What are some highlights?
How long is the wait?

Thanks.

Pirate Granny
06-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Loved it, rode three times using FP+ so we never stood in line. Smooth ride, cute, original...but they need to work on their stops at the end of the ride...first two, not too bad, last one, an extremely sudden stop, all the kids had their heads slammed against the seat back (which aren't padded), two actually got headaches and needed aspirin once we got off and went to the bathroom...I think they are still working out the bugs, kinda like dinosaur, wow was that a wild ride when it first opened. People think it's jerky now, I had a huge bruise where my hip met the seatbelt the first week that opened :cool:

Maleficent's Dad
06-30-2014, 09:07 PM
The ride is as advertised: Well themed, smooth, with sudden changes in speed. There really isn't a rocking motion - that was supposed to be a big part of the ride, (somewhat disappointing), great animatronics. Minor hill that feels bigger as the speed is fast.

But BEWARE! The ride is often (VERY OFTEN) down for technical difficulties. It's down, it seems, as often as TesTrack.

Pirate Granny
06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Oh but they will swing...my son in Law had four cars rocking back and forth while we were stopped in front of the cottage!

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-01-2014, 12:04 AM
We just got back... Rode it three times also. Once in the morning; once at dusk; and once at night. It seems to have more magic around it at night and dusk. It is a short ride (especially if you have to wait a long time for it).

The back couple of cars seem to swing more than the front cars, making it a little more of a thrill ride. But it is as billed, a family coaster.

I don't mind it being a family coaster, I just wish it had a been a couple of scenes longer ( more like Splash Mountain in that regard).

The audio animatronics are amazing. The music is great. The show building itself is amazing. See it while everything still works!

Mfarquar
07-01-2014, 10:06 AM
So disappointing to hear about all of the technical difficulties! After such a long construction timeline, I really thought it would be in perfect order - especially for a somewhat simple coaster. I'm also bummed it seems to be on the short side...

I was really looking forward to the rocking feature since this would make the ride a bit more interesting and unique than the average family coaster. It sounds like it is only noticeable when you purposely engage it during stops/slow periods?

We were thinking of spending a day at Magic Kingdom in late September to check out the new Fantasy Land attractions since we were last there (Dwarves, BOG and the Little Mermaid). Now I'm not so sure it will be worth the $100+ ticket if the new rides are our main motivation. Maybe a HS day instead for ToT, Rockin' Rollercoaster and Toy Story!

azcavalier
07-01-2014, 10:11 AM
We were there the day after it opened and had Fast Passes for it. The wait for about two hours without FP.

It was a great ride, but really short. I like how they combined a Dark Ride with a roller coaster, but I wish there was more to the "dark" part of it. It was impressive, but fleeting.

It was also, as others have stated, incredibly smooth. I loved that.

RBrooksC
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I have two friends that just went to Disney World.

My one friend told me that the Mine Cart ride was the best ride in the MK, hands down.

My other friend said it would rate as a C+ attraction. And she wouldn't care if she didn't ride it the next time she visited the MK. She would never wait in a long line for it again.

Interesting the two different takes on this ride.

Hog
07-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Is the mine train like BTMRR where as you can fit 2 adults and 1 child in the seat?

Thanks

special ed teacher
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I rode it with Fp and had two more Fp for other days. I switched them to splash and space. I would not use a Fp for this ride. Once was enough for me. It was okay, but not as good as the mountain rides.

Maleficent's Dad
07-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Is the mine train like BTMRR where as you can fit 2 adults and 1 child in the seat?

Thanks
No. The seats are rigid with a lap bar - one person per seat, two across.

texas211
07-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm on the bigger side of things. I can fit BTMR and SM just fine. Will I fit? Thoughts?

eandrsmom
07-05-2014, 10:06 PM
We just left this morning. We used FP+ to ride it the day that we were in MK. I would absolutely use a FP to ride it again. It was very smooth, but I have to agree with previous posts about the duration of the ride. I thought that it was really a very short ride. Since we had 5 in our party, I was seated next to someone that I didn't know. I am tall, and the gentleman I was seated next to was a large guy. There wasn't much room for my backpack that I usually place at my feet. We rode with no problems, but it was more crowded than some of the other rides.

mudpuppysmom
07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Rode this last week with DS1 and a local relative of ours. The kids sat in the first car and had it rocking just a tad bit. We stopped at the very crest of the last hill for about three minutes. Just before we returned to the station we stopped I. Front of the cottage where Snow was dancing with the dwarfs and the witch was outside (she was watching, then she would look at us then look back and cackle- the kids thought she was freaky. The woman beside me, who I didn't know was horrified). We used FP and waited under five minutes to board. It did remind me of BTMRR and a little of Splash (the inside slower portions). We would ride again, but wouldn't wait longer than 30 minutes the kids said. Posted time when we went I a as 65 and when we exited it was 90 (and stayed there until 11:30 pm-- we rode at 6:40).

I'm set to ride again this week with DS2 who is six, so I'll get a totally different take from him I'm sure.....and he will want to ride multiple times I'm quite sure!!!

#1donaldfan
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
It was fun and using the FP+ is the only way to make it truly worthwhile. I'd never stand hours to ride it, it's just not "that" good !! :mickey:

mechanic
07-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Rode it Sunday night. 30 minute wait. Cool. Not fast or jerky. Small vehicle. You will fit but it just feels small. Like it but once was enough for a while.

GrmGrninGost
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Absolutely love this ride! For me, it is better than the mountains. Incredibly smooth! We stood in line for it twice and both times the actual time was 20 to 30 minutes less than the posted time. Wish that was true on all the rides! :mickey:

mechanic
07-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Speed and drop reminds me of barnstormer. But it's the smoothest coaster I've ever been on. I am very large and fit just fine.

DKA041177
07-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks!

kakn7294
07-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I must be in the minority here. I thought it was just OK and I would never wait more than 45 min for it. It's a slow moving coaster, definitely a family ride. It does have speed changes but it's very smooth. I also never noticed any rocking of the cars. WARNING - beware if you are a larger person. My knees were severely smashed by the lapbar - so much so that my toe was tingling from lack of circulation by the time we got off (and it's a short ride). I don't have a problem with any other Disney ride except Barnstormer and that's mostly getting in and out of the car.

Terra
07-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Another 2 thumbs up here. My 5 year old, myself and my best friend [both of us in our 40s] adored it. LOVE the inside mine part and glad they slow it down to look at it. Though I could go even slower so I could take it all in.
True that it is short. But don't we all wish things lasted longer :blush:

As far as the wait time we have the disability pass so we came back, but the wait time with out FP was 2 hours. They say the interactive que was great! I would like to go through just to do that. Maybe one day without the kiddos there!!

mudpuppysmom
07-18-2014, 09:54 AM
More feedback from a large age range (6-55): the older ones,three of them said it was "just ok" and now that they have ridden don't really need to do it again anytime soon (two of them love fast coasters though, more thrill seekers). The older kids gave it a "meh" but the 6 yr old a blithely loved it and wanted to go over and over and over again!!! The 6yr old is my DS2 and he and I rode together on a separate day, actually we lucked out and ride twice.....first I saw it was down and it was near our FP time so I asked the CM out front how long they expected to be down a Nd his reply. We will be back up and running momentarily (wink wink) and I thanked him. A rude woman walked up and said her FP time was abut to run out and why wast he ride not working and that this was total BS that everything in the park was packed a Nd some more blah blah blah, I quit hearing her at some point...but, she did ask where the line would form for the regular line when it did open back up and she went and parked herself right there. I did notice they were testing so I suggested to DS that we might hang out for a few minutes (in the line that was forming) and we decided to wait for 5 minutes. Well, we lucked into riding in about three minutes!!! And then again with our FP's!! DS2 was thrilled!! And, on a side note we walked right Into Be Our Guest for a decent lunch!

CaptSmee
07-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Haven't ridden it yet but its currently holding 2-3 hr waits!

mechanic
07-19-2014, 03:55 PM
We waited until about an hour before closing time and wait was 30 minutes. Then hit peter pan flight for first time ever. Still had time to do hm one last time.

CantonMichigan
07-24-2014, 08:33 AM
I thought the ride was just ok. My four kids aged 9 to 16 are more thrill seekers and hated it. "This is just like Expedition Everest before the fun starts", was what one said and they all quickly agreed.

RBrooksC
07-24-2014, 08:46 AM
But it isn't a thrill ride. It is a modified dark ride designed for younger children/families.

To even approach it like a thrill ride is doomed to failure.

You are traveling in one of the dwarf's mine carts, you travel through their mine, see them leave and then go past their cottage when they are dancing with Snow White.

This is an experience not an off the shelf thrill ride.

CantonMichigan
07-25-2014, 09:22 AM
You are so right RBrooks. I will chastise my children immediately!

indytraveler
07-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Ride was Ok, need a FP to get in and out. Day we were there ride was down for about 4 hrs. total. When wanted to ride again later all FP's from day were getting in line and stand by was not moving. So we didn't ride again, not waiting over 60 min

Very smooth ride and it did seem short, could've had more of the 7 dwarfs in the ride. Oh well, we would ride it again next time.

epceddie
07-29-2014, 02:15 PM
My wife and I took pictures of the roller coaster with the MK in the background and it looked like everybody was having a blast.
We were surprised at how quiet the ride was. It went right by us and we probably wouldn't have heard it if we weren't looking right at it.
We don't have to worry about waiting in a long line because my wife refuses to go on roller coasters after riding Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom.

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Ride was Ok, need a FP to get in and out. Day we were there ride was down for about 4 hrs. total. When wanted to ride again later all FP's from day were getting in line and stand by was not moving. So we didn't ride again, not waiting over 60 min

Very smooth ride and it did seem short, could've had more of the 7 dwarfs in the ride. Oh well, we would ride it again next time.

Have other Intercotees who have recently visited found this? I keep seeing tons of trip reports around the various blogs, photo journals and boards that are reporting a lot of down time for this ride.

We're planning a 1 day Disney visit during our upcoming trip to Orlando and if we go to MK, I want to make sure we get to check this out. But, since we only have 1 day, I want to choose wisely!