PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 4th of July Famiy recipe

Katzateer
06-30-2014, 06:58 PM
I love the German vinegar slaw I grew up on in Southern Indiana. Sometimes it turns out good. Hopefully this year it will!:thumbsup: No one really had a recipe to give me - a little of this and a little of that....lol

Arielfan98
06-30-2014, 07:42 PM
My mom's pasta salad is to die for. It's really simple. Tri-colored macaroni, cut up peppers, fresh cilantro and marinated in a olive oil balsamic dressing. Delish :tasty:

mamatedd
06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
For my kids, it wouldn't be the 4th without a red, white& blue jello cake- which is actually red,yellow & blue, because I use yellow cake mix. Lol!

Kenny1113
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
This is great!
Im trying to get an idea of what to have at my fourth. :)
Thanks!!

JanetMegan
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
We don't really have a family favorite but we always try to do baby back ribs which I have found a super easy recipe for where they come out perfect each time!

MissMaryPoppins
07-22-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm just seeing this now but I wanted to share my favorite July 4th recipe. My Mom makes this great fruit dip. It's a big container of fluff, a pack of cream cheese, and one tsp of vanilla. Beat it all up until it's smooth. We put it with fruit salad but I like it best with just berries, especially blueberries and a banana. My Grandma tried it with angel food cake and strawberries and said it was a big hit. I also discovered a a drink recipe on Pinterest I really enjoyed. Get one bottle of white wine, I used Pinot but Sauvignon blanc is supposed to be nice too, the regular size one. 3 cans of Fresca, put them in a pitcher with any fruit you like. I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Pour it over ice and be careful, it catches up to you fast. I heard peach flavored Fresca, Sauvignon blanc, and peaches is delicious too.