PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Thank you Florida resident rates!! Vacation booked!

Terra
06-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Have to share my excitement with fellow Disney lovers!

I was the Director of the preschool at a local elementary school. However I accepted a position at our local YMCA for the same type of thing, but more money! And year round now.

Anyway, my last day at the elementary school was June 5th and then I started my new job right on June 9th so no vacation time for me.

However, labor day is coming. Long weekend, and it's become a tradition for me to take my sons for 4 days/3 nights to Disney. Typically we stay off property because of budget. But now with a better job combined with Florida resident rack rooms rates. I was able to book All Star Music for $262 total for 3 nights! It is a total surprise for them.

The food court will be under refurb, but that doesn't bother me because typically we buy our own food for breakfast and eat in the room, eat lunch in the park and then decide on diner from there.

Does anyone know though if refrigerators are standard now in the value resorts?

I can not wait!!!

minnie04
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
AWESOME!!! I was able to book with the FL res. Rate (AP rate was the same) as well for Labor Day weekend. My DS has been dying to stay in a suite at AOA. I’m finally able to get a room at a good price (it’s still higher then I would like), but I probably won’t see it this low for a while. So I grabbed it. I can't wait :cloud9: funny thing is we really don't need all the space. It's probably going to be only the two of us. :mickey:

Terra
07-01-2014, 09:42 AM
AWESOME!!! I was able to book with the FL res. Rate (AP rate was the same) as well for Labor Day weekend. My DS has been dying to stay in a suite at AOA. I’m finally able to get a room at a good price (it’s still higher then I would like), but I probably won’t see it this low for a while. So I grabbed it. I can't wait :cloud9: funny thing is we really don't need all the space. It's probably going to be only the two of us. :mickey:

Oh how fun. You'll have to let us know what you think about AoA. I really want to do that next. But it was a little out of budget. Which means, I voted to spend more money in the park this time. LOL.
I'm thinking though maybe our next one we will do AoA.

Yes, I noticed the AP rates were the same too.

It is so much fun sometimes with just the kids and us right!

Have a great time.

minnie04
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
We have stayed in a regular room twice. My DS10 really liked the resort, so we kept saying we wanted to try a suite one of these days. He and I usually go now since the older ones are working (DD22) and playing baseball (DS 18). I’m so glad I have the little one to go with. I never have to ask twice...lol the older ones still love going, but it’s hard to coordinate everyone. Although he is starting to get the itch of Universal now. I just hope I can keep him interested in Disney a little longer…