PDA

View Full Version : Is an ADR for 12 possible?

JennyAnne
06-29-2014, 08:58 AM
We have a party of 12 going the first week of June next year. Is it feasible to think that we might be able to get an ADR or two for all 12 of us to eat together? Or are we likely going to be stuck with counter service when it's all 12 of us together? I just want to know what's realistic when planning with my family. We would likely be shooting for Chef Mickey's (which I know is very popular), Crystal Palace, and/or H&V.

VAdizneefan
06-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Totally doable. I book these all the time. 12 isn't actually that huge. :)

another tink
06-29-2014, 10:18 AM
We had a party of 17 a few years ago. Got several places all together, and then some split up. They do try to put you together.:mickey:

JennyAnne
06-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Oh wonderful, thank you! We were sort of preparing to eat separately because we were thinking that they would give us a 9:00 dinner time or something like that. LOL And I guess you're right...to us, 12 seems like a lot of people to coordinate but I'm sure Disney has done much bigger. That's great to know!

So if we try and can't get an ADR for 12, should we attempt 2 ADRs for 6 and request to sit close together when we arrive at the restaurant?

amy711
06-29-2014, 10:40 AM
My family went in January. There were 11 of us going and some of the restaurants we had to call and make the ressie with them instead of Disney dining, but we got every place we wanted.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2014, 11:31 AM
It may take a bit of extra work, but it's totally doable! I was the planner for our group of 25 last Thanksgiving and I was able to make 6 ADRs for our whole group. There was only one day, in Epcot, that we had trouble booking something we wanted. In that case I split us into two groups and booked different places, half went to Rose N Crown, the other half went to Morocco.

JennyAnne
06-29-2014, 12:00 PM
It may take a bit of extra work, but it's totally doable! I was the planner for our group of 25 last Thanksgiving and I was able to make 6 ADRs for our whole group. There was only one day, in Epcot, that we had trouble booking something we wanted. In that case I split us into two groups and booked different places, half went to Rose N Crown, the other half went to Morocco.

OMG...I bow down to you. I am trying to plan for my family (myself, DH, 4 kids), my very laid-back parents, and my hands-off "I don't understand how any of this works" sister, BIL and two kids. My dad has already claimed that "he doesn't care" where we eat or what we do, my mom is reading up and learning as best she can, and my sister doesn't ever have time to discuss anything (but has a husband who will complain if everything isn't exactly how he wants it). I am already pulling my hair out and we don't make ADRs until December. I would just say screw it, but this is a special trip for my parents and is probably the only time they will be able to go with their grandkids. I want to make it nice for them.

Bay Lake
06-30-2014, 10:37 AM
I booked ADR for 12 for our upcoming trip in late July. Was able to book every place I wanted, one of the nights we had to split, but other than that good to go.

JennyAnne
07-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I booked ADR for 12 for our upcoming trip in late July. Was able to book every place I wanted, one of the nights we had to split, but other than that good to go.

Thank you! Great to know!

buzznwoodysmom
07-02-2014, 09:57 AM
OMG...I bow down to you. I am trying to plan for my family (myself, DH, 4 kids), my very laid-back parents, and my hands-off "I don't understand how any of this works" sister, BIL and two kids. My dad has already claimed that "he doesn't care" where we eat or what we do, my mom is reading up and learning as best she can, and my sister doesn't ever have time to discuss anything (but has a husband who will complain if everything isn't exactly how he wants it). I am already pulling my hair out and we don't make ADRs until December. I would just say screw it, but this is a special trip for my parents and is probably the only time they will be able to go with their grandkids. I want to make it nice for them.

Lol. I hear ya. We were vacationing with my husband's family. It included my Mother and Father in law, 5 of their 7 kids (and their spouses), 10 of their 16 grandchildren (ages 20 years old to 8 months old), my mother, a nephew from my side of the family, and a sister of one of the spouses. I think I've covered everyone!!

Two of my SIL's go to Disney almost as much as we do. Between the three of us we were able to pick and agree on all the meals, and thankfully the rest of the family were completely content with whatever we picked. In the end I single handedly booked all the ADRs. In most cases I had to call the restaurants directly, leave a message, wait for them to return my call letting me know if they could accommodate us or not, and if not that meant starting from square one! What would have taken my about an hour online had it been just my family, ended up taking two weeks to get it all nailed down. In the end it was worth it. This would probably be our only big trip, and I know my mother and father in law wanted it to be special. So I did my best to make it all work. Everyone was so thankful, and my entire family loved all the meals. They thanked me so many times throughout the week. It was nice to know that they appreciated all I had done.

To give you an idea of which locations can definitely handle a large group here or our meals from that trip; Ohana's dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern, Sci Fi, Ohana's breakfast, Cape May Café, and Boat Wrights. Epcot was the only place we had to shuffle stuff around, and part of that was because we were a tad bit picky. Biergarten was able to seat us all at the same time. However, one of the families, as well as my family, had just eaten here a few months prior and we wanted something new. In the end it was very easy to split us into two groups. Half of us booked Rose and Crown, the other half booked Marrakesh in Morocco. I was also able to score FP+ for each of our rooms at Be Our Guest. Now that was a feat!

Good luck, and I hope you have a great family vacation!