PDA

View Full Version : Booking with points

blondeinbrandon
06-27-2014, 01:54 PM
We are considering purchasing DVC this year.
I have a question about the 7 month/ 11 month booking window. Do you have to have that years points in your account at the time of booking? Do you have to wait for your use year month to arrive before you book any rooms? I know you can borrow and bank, but I have never seen anyone address booking prior to the points in the account (assuming your points are accessable prior to the check in date).
Yikes I hope this makes sense.
Thanks!

Butters
06-27-2014, 03:41 PM
As long as you'll have the points available by the time of your trip.

For example my use year is August, but I just booked a room for January using the points that will be in my account in Aug

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 04:00 PM
You book AT 7/11 months out. You book WITH whatever points are available at the time you want to stay. Points are allocated to you based on your use year.

For example, for a stay June 2016, you can book it at your home resort July 2015, or at another DVC in November 2015. With a use year of Feb, you can use any points you banked that came available in Feb 2015 and borrow from the ones you'll get in Feb 2017. All on a call you make July 2015.

So yes, in July 2015 you can in effect drain yourself of vacation points until Feb 2018. Which means no DVC point stays until 2018.

You would of course still need to pay maintenance fees on those in 2016 and 2017.