PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get a reservation 150 days out

angyl15
06-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Just decided today on a trip in november (17th - 24th). As this is historically a low attendence time I had hoped to get our chef mickey reservation without issue. There is no dinner availability at all that week. We have a large group of 9, but I even tried making it a 4 or 5 person group with no luck.
Should I keep trying daily? is that week becoming busier?

MargaretMessler
06-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Perhaps try calling rather than using online ADR, it's possible there's a glitch?

I also find it hard to believe there's nothing for any time slot, either as a whole or by breaking it up.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
It never hurts to call, but Chef Mickey's is a popular ADR, and it does book up quite quickly.

I tried checking for breakfast that week, and it seems booked right up too ... hopefully you'll have more luck on the phone!

savafan
06-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Also check between 1-3 days out, as there may be cancellations made at the last minute to avoid the $10 per person no show charge.

magicofdisney
06-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Additionally, they've offered free dining for that week so I'm sure that's had a heavy impact.

Mickey'sGirl
06-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Are you able to be flexible with "dinner" hours? Maybe anytime between 4 and 9? I have found that I can always get an ADR where I want, even if it means altering my eating schedule a bit.

Courtland Lambert
06-27-2014, 09:19 AM
As another poster said, call. I'd been trying to cancel one ADR and get another one thru my TA and she was having trouble with the site. I tried on my own and got in thru the "glitch" and was able to do what I wanted . 10 minutes later the site bombed:beat: TA was also surprised I "got" thru. So, call !!!:thumbsup::mickey:

4disneynuts
06-27-2014, 09:23 AM
We will be at the World that week in November also. I got up early the morning of my 180 days so I could get on line and book our dining. I have never been able to get a ressie at Chef Mickeys in the past but I got it for breakfast this time. A lot of time slots were already gone by the time I got on line. I am pretty sure the free dining doesn't help but wow I was surprised at how little was left. I thought I had a good jump on it being on there right as soon as I could.

I also tried to get a ressie on the 16th at Liberty Tree Tavern and that was a no go. It was all booked up. I am sure having the MVMCP 3 times that week and the MK closing early didn't help.

Good luck!

SurferStitch
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
We were there in early to mid December last year (not terribly crowded, but still very busy), and I couldn't get 'Ohana for ANY night during our 10 nights there! Not one single time was available. We were a party of two. We then thought we'd meet friends there so we could book a four top (more common size), but no luck. Nothing was available.

So, I'm not surprised you couldn't get Chef Mickey's. But, keep trying.... You never know! Good luck!!

IrishgalND
07-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd try calling too. I just booked for Oct 8-14th and Chef Mickey was booked too so I called back another day and Viola, Chef Mickey party of 6 for breakfast. Score!!! People cancel every day so I call every day. Trying to get Ohana now for dinner and I call every single day to check. My sis goes every 12-18 months and she evne calls while on her trip and has been able to get in to their choice. Good luck

Tinkerbella16
07-06-2014, 07:25 AM
I believe it. You will have better luck trying closer to the trip or just checking randomly. Our week in Nov is supposed to be "low attendance" too and we got all of the ADR's we wanted at the times we wanted well after the 180 day mark, just by checking everyday. But A lot of places had no availability whatsoever and then one day I would check and it would show up. Then I needed later times for a few of our dinners and had no luck and then out of nowhere the perfect time would show up.

I was getting worried that maybe it is going to be more crowded in Nov than in years past, but I remembered its free dining and it is always like this. Keep checking and good luck! :mickey:

Gator
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
When you have all those people getting the free dining plan, the high cost of Chef Mickey's goes out the window and becomes #1 on a lot of people's list. If a month has gone by and all the "free" diners have already booked, this doesn't surprise me at all.