PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band ??

minnie04
06-24-2014, 01:04 PM
I just booked a trip for the end of August. Now the MDE site is saying to customize my Magic Bands. I already have colored bands from the last time. (I think I asked this before, sorry), but do we need to get new bands every time we book a new trip?? I love the bands and haven't thrown any away since we started this so I have like 4 bands already for each person (20 bands in a box, that are not good anymore) and now new ones coming.. My DS10 is the only one that changed color and added a character name this time. Everyone else kept it the same :mickey:

Nikki B
06-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Your entitlements are linked to all bands linked to you through your MDE account. My understanding is that you can interchange them during the trip. If you have different colors match them to your outfit! ;-) haha!

minnie04
06-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Oh man that would be really cool. I wish I would have know that. I have been picking the same colors. I still have time to pick this trips colors and finalize them, so maybe I will chose different colors and names for everyone.. Thank you I just think it is a waste to get new ones each trip, but now I will mix and match them and make it fun for everyone to have choices :D

CanadianWDWFan
06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
You get new Bands with each resort reservation as well as one for having AP's. By the end of the year, we will have five bands each!

minnie04
06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
yeah we have the test gray ones and two sets of color and now a third set is coming... I think it's a little much, but this way i guess they will never look dirty or old...lol.

mamatedd
06-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Same here! We have four sets of bands! Fun to interchange with the OOTD, but maybe they will add a "do you need Magic Bands sent for this trip?" option in the future? :D

ruffles
06-25-2014, 08:56 AM
The batteries in the Magic Bands are only good for about 2 years. I assume this is why they offer bands each time a package is booked. Would make more sense for the bands to be rechargeable or be able to change the batteries.