PDA

View Full Version : labor day weekend??

minnie04
06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
How are the crowds that weekend? I know all the Florida schools should be back in session, but the northern schools are still out. Should we go???? I found the resort prices very low and was able to book AOA suite really cheap. I think this is the only time I’m going to see that price as low as it is now, so I guess we are going to have to take a chance..:mickey:

pox24
06-23-2014, 04:17 PM
We traditionally drive up the weekend after. This is our 7th year doing it. The crowds are significantly smaller. Kids are back in school. Still hot enough to enjoy the pools. If you wait too long and catch the F & W festival, it gets very crowded again.

Itchy
06-23-2014, 05:17 PM
We are checking Sunday Aug 31st for a week this year. We go quite often as the crowds are really light.

On Labor day you will find the MK a little more crowded than the rest and we go there later in the week.

I think that you will find that you like this time of the year other that the heat and humidity. There can be an occasional tropical storm but have not occurred to often in all of our visits there.

I would go for it and happy planning..:mickey:

Main Street Jim
06-23-2014, 09:19 PM
How are the crowds that weekend? I know all the Florida schools should be back in session, but the northern schools are still out. Should we go????

We are checking Sunday Aug 31st for a week this year.So are we :) We'll be there for the week as well! This is our first trip back in about three years, after having worked at Magic Kingdom until 2010 (we visited again Christmas week 2011).

If anyone wants to meet up anywheres, please let me know. I have a thread started down in the "Disney Meets" forums....

minnie04
06-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Great thanks everyone :D I look forward to going back. I ‘am going through withdrawal really bad this summer. Didn’t think I would, but no that our tickets are blocked out and everyone wants to go (go figure) it’s making me crazy to plan something… :mickey:

Terra
06-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Agree with the previous posters. It's one of our favorite times of the year. We live local, but it's become somewhat of a tradition to take the longer weekend and go to Disney. Sometimes off site, sometimes on-site. I'm thinking of onsite this time because i agree, the value resorts are pretty darn good!

TheVBs
06-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Wow! You weren't kidding. I took a look at the suites and that is a great price! We've been over Labor Day weekend and the following week, and it's a great time to go. Hope you have a blast! :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-28-2014, 12:23 PM
We too are going around Labor Day. Its usually lower crowds. Can't wait.