PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes & MB's

DunkinNut
06-22-2014, 10:58 PM
We are headed to the parks July 6-12 & even though our daughter is in the DCP, we have decided to just go ahead & buy AP's since we don't want to deal with blackout dates when we visit.

Are the AP's plastic cards like they use to be? Or are they on a MB? We will be staying at The Dolphin (so not an official Diz resort) so we won't already have bands.

Also can I buy them NOW & make FP's using MDE ?

This new system is wigging me out!!!! LOL

Help! TIA.

DunkinNut
06-22-2014, 11:00 PM
And if I buy them now, are they god for a year from date of first use!? If so....how will that effect me making FP's using MDE?

azcavalier
06-23-2014, 07:53 PM
OK, so here is what happened to us. It should be similar.

We bought the APs online back in Feb, for our trip in May. They sent us green cards with the words "Exchange Vouchers". We were to present those vouchers (along with photo ID) at the Guest Services window outside of a park. There they will swap them out for RFID enabled cards that work like the Magic Bands. These cards will then be activated the first day you use them, and they will be good a year from THAT date, not the date you buy them.

Once they're active, you can then order Magic Bands from the MDW website. It doesn't do you much good for the current trip, but at least you'll have them for future trips.

We also stayed "off site", so we did not get bands for our reservation. Once you have the APs linked on the MDE website (which you can do as soon as your order is processed....you have the numbers for your tickets, so you can link them to the people in your group on MDE), you can make FP+ reservations for up to 30 days from the current date. So, today, you could make FP+ ressies up until July 23rd. If you have an on-site resort reservation, that number is increased to 60 days.

Does that help?