PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands ?

Poohbear88
06-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Do they send you new magic bands for every trip?

yankeesfan123
06-22-2014, 01:18 PM
As of right now, yes.

ruffles
06-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Magic Bands are reusable. You do not need new bands for every trip unless you want to get different colors. The batteries in the bands are good for about 2 years. If you have a My Disney Experience account you can order your bands there in the colors you prefer.

yankeesfan123
06-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Magic Bands are reusable. You do not need new bands for every trip unless you want to get different colors. The batteries in the bands are good for about 2 years. If you have a My Disney Experience account you can order your bands there in the colors you prefer.

But yes, they do send you MB for every trip as of now.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Exactly! Even for the shortest of trip, or trips quite close together ... they will send you new MB!

IloveJack
06-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes, we customized ours in Dec, then didn't for two weeks ago. They still sent us the gray ones. So I took them with us and recycled them, and used the old ones (they were still active, and still used the same pin number). When we go back in 2016, I'm sure we'll need new ones.

comicguy
07-04-2014, 09:53 AM
How long before your trip do the Magic Bands arrive?

yankeesfan123
07-04-2014, 11:14 AM
About a month.

On MDE, where you customize your bands, the web page states something along the lines of, "Customize by (date)".

It appears as though that is the date, or a day or two later, that they ship.

ransam
08-27-2014, 12:29 AM
I've heard you can get them customized with different colors and designs, like with characters.

Kenny1113
08-27-2014, 06:29 AM
I'm just going to piggyback on this question, rather than start another MB thread....

If I have MB from last Nov and go as a day guest this year can I have my tickets and FP access placed onto the MB? I know I have read that you can buy a MB, and I'm guessing its a yes, but just wanted to see if there was anyone who has actually done it.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Someone I know just came back from the World and mentioned that they wished they had gotten the covers for the band. That it would have made it a lot more comfortable.

Anybody heard of them and if so, how do you get them?

yankeesfan123
08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Someone I know just came back from the World and mentioned that they wished they had gotten the covers for the band. That it would have made it a lot more comfortable.

Anybody heard of them and if so, how do you get them?

They sell them allllll over the parks and hotels.

Fangorn
08-28-2014, 12:08 AM
They sell them allllll over the parks and hotels.

They are available on Amazon as well.

Steve

Fangorn
08-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Exactly! Even for the shortest of trip, or trips quite close together ... they will send you new MB!

We're going in 34 days. We have a split stay - 4 nights at Pop and then 10 nights at POFQ. Two reservations, two set of bands. Picked different colors for each set.

Steve

Hog
08-29-2014, 08:19 AM
The bands are interchangeable as well. Our family each has 2 bands and it says on the website that as long as they are all linked to your account you could use them whenever you like. My resort stay, APs, FP+ and MNSSHP are all on both of my bands.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-29-2014, 10:03 AM
All the gift shops are selling covers and accessories for the magic bands. It reminds me of buying jibbits for crocs a few years ago. Just another thing to blow money on!

We customized ours with colors, but that's it. We didn't find them to be uncomfortable or annoying . . . . just fine.