PDA

View Full Version : Tasty Disney Finds

kbean
06-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Trying to find new snacks to try around WDW. I know I could google top treats, but its always the same top 10. And sometimes they arent as good as the website says it is. Like at chershire cafe.... they have cupcakes. They're presented nice but nothing impressive in taste. The icning was cheap tasting, should have been a butter cream. And the cake was dry. So I wanna hear what others have found off radar.

My recent find is outside of the international gateway store in Epcot at the coffee kiosk. Ice coconut latte!
My other find are the Zebta Domes in Animal Kingdom. Always a must.

Has anyone tried the Brioche Ice Cream Sandwiches at L’Artisan des Glaces? Looks and sounds very yummy.

cer
06-20-2014, 11:41 AM
There is a new cro-nut, cross between a donut and croissant (sp?) when you enter world showcase and go to the right, kiosk is also on the right. They are yummy.

I am still a huge fan of the made in house fresh caramel corn in the caramel shop in Germany.

One of my husband's must-do's is the tiramisu at the kiosk in Italy.

People rave about the school bread in Norway, but I prefer the less popular sweet pretzel that has the almonds on it.

At Sunshine Seasons in Living with the Land, we like the strawberry shortcake.

Those are some of our favorites from Epcot.

cer
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Also, I have heard good things about the brioche ice cream sandwiches, but have not tried them... :thumbsup:

kbean
06-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Oooh the cro-nut! I keep forgetting! Thanks

cer
06-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Oooh the cro-nut! I keep forgetting! Thanks

The cool thing is they are completely fresh. You get a number on your receipt when you order and wait (not long but you do wait)and just so yummy.

SBETigg
06-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I love the crepes at the crepe stand in France, with ice cream. Also in France at Les Halles, the lemon tart (or really any of the tasty bakery treats). My husband always loves the big soft pretzels in various places around the parks. And I always have to have a Dole Whip or two, pineapple, sometimes in a float, sometimes plain in a cup. Oh and at Sleepy Hollow, a stand near Liberty Tree Tavern, they have waffle sandwiches and baked potatoes/baked sweet potatoes (if you wanted something a little healthier).

There are some really good cupcakes around. The Cheshire cake cups didn't look that great to me, either. But Pop Century has the King Cupcake (chocolate with candied bacon, peanut butter icing, and banana filling). I love the Pina Colada cupcakes I've found at Captain Cook's and the Grand Floridian. Oh, and I know some people who absolutely love the carrot cake cookies at the Writers Stop in DHS.

cer
06-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Oh, another "new" thing - it was actually an old thing that they brought back, is at a refreshment stand outside the Tiki Room. It is along the same lines as a dole whip, but it is called a citrus swirl. Same idea but instead of pineapple, it is orange.

I find it too acidic for me, but some even prefer it to the dole whip.

cer
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry I keep posting, but this is one of my favorite topics.

Pretty excited about this, too....
They are now offering dole whip and a coconut whip now I believe at the African Outpost (in Epcot?). You can get them swirled together!!!!!

I will double check the location if I can locate the blog where I read that.

EDIT: They are not calling them dole whip or coconut whip. They are called coconut or pineapple frozen yogurt and you can swirl them if you like.... and you can get it at the Africa Refreshment Cool Post - in World Showcase.

TheHD
06-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I have tried many, many different desserts throughout DW and my favorite continues to be the generic carrot cakes you find at almost every resort and quick-service restaurant. I know they are massed-produced, but they are absolutely delicious.

PETE FROM NYC
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
How about the Grey Goose, or Grand Marnier slushies outside of France.

CanadianWDWFan
06-20-2014, 05:46 PM
How about the Grey Goose, or Grand Marnier slushies outside of France.
These and the pomegranate Kir!!

Main Street Jim
06-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh, another "new" thing - it was actually an old thing that they brought back, is at a refreshment stand outside the Tiki Room. It is along the same lines as a dole whip, but it is called a citrus swirl. Same idea but instead of pineapple, it is orange.

I find it too acidic for me, but some even prefer it to the dole whip.

They are now offering dole whip and a coconut whip now I believe at the African Outpost (in Epcot?). You can get them swirled together!!!!!

I will double check the location if I can locate the blog where I read that.

EDIT: They are not calling them dole whip or coconut whip. They are called coconut or pineapple frozen yogurt and you can swirl them if you like.... and you can get it at the Africa Refreshment Cool Post - in World Showcase.Along the same lines, I have *GOT* to try the new rum-infused or dark-rum-infused Coconut/Pineapple Dole Whips at Animal Kingdom....

Just a few notes on "Dole Whips": Back in the early 2000's, I discovered that at Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom, you could swirl pineapple and chocolate Dole Whip together. *OOOOOOOOOoooooooooo*.....sooooooo good :)

Did you know: that there's a second location in which to find pineapple Dole Whip? It's Captain Cook's at the Polynesian Resort.

Did you know: at one time, you were able to find three different "swirls" in the Magic Kingdom? We all know about the pineapple/vanilla at Aloha Isle. There was (and it's back, apparently) the citrus swirl (orange juice and vanilla) and, over right between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland at Chesire Cat's (I *believe* that's what it was - right across from Cosmic Ray's at the end of the Fantasyland bridge), you could get a strawberry swirl.

Back on topic: one of *my* favorite snacks is the jalapeno-cream cheese pretzel. You used to be able to find them in all four parks, but, when I was last down there in 2011, the *one* place that had them was a little kiosk just outside of Kilimanjaro Safaris in Harambe' at Animal Kingdom.

Oh - and "not Disney", but at Downtown Disney, Wetzel's Pretzels has *amazing* Pretzel Dawgs and Pepperoni/Cheese pretzels!

kerry827
06-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Also, I have heard good things about the brioche ice cream sandwiches, but have not tried them... :thumbsup:

They are good but even better are the new chocolate ice ream macaron sandwiches. Hands down my fave disney sweet treat in Epcot (France) & maybe all of Disney!! :blush:

akaDisneyDreamer
06-21-2014, 12:18 AM
I am still a huge fan of the made in house fresh caramel corn in the caramel shop in Germany.

We just discovered this amazing caramel corn on our last trip last month! I'm still craving it!

Also the milk chocolate salted caramel square is wonderful there.

We also tried a Mickey caramel apple for the first time and loved it.

Caramel seems to be a theme here with me, huh? :D

kbean
06-21-2014, 08:33 AM
Whoa Pina Colada cupcakes! See, thats the reason I posted this thread. Never knew. Thanks!

kbean
06-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Where do you find the chicolate ice cream macaron sandwich? ???

TheHD
06-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Back on topic: one of *my* favorite snacks is the jalapeno-cream cheese pretzel. You used to be able to find them in all four parks, but, when I was last down there in 2011, the *one* place that had them was a little kiosk just outside of Kilimanjaro Safaris in Harambe' at Animal Kingdom.

One of my favorite snacks too. As well as the roasted Pecans - they taste better than they smell if that is even possible :eat:

BrerGnat
06-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Where do you find the chicolate ice cream macaron sandwich? ???

L'Artisan des Glaces in the France Pavilion at Epcot.

Jimmy Thick
06-22-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't know if this counts but the best treat on property in my opinion is the legendary grapefruit cake at the Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS. I'll make a late ADR there specifically for desert just for a slice of this cake.

Jimmy Thick- Now I want some...:ill:

SBETigg
06-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't know if this counts but the best treat on property in my opinion is the legendary grapefruit cake at the Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS. I'll make a late ADR there specifically for desert just for a slice of this cake.

Jimmy Thick- Now I want some...:ill:

Sometimes they have it at Starring Rolls, so you might want to check there next time.

masonlovesdisney
06-23-2014, 03:06 AM
Some of my favorites are from the Food and Wine festival. I know it is not year round, but oh well.

My favorite of the festival was by far the Lemongrass Chicken Curry from the Singapore stand! I came back for not only seconds, but thirds as well!

Others that make my list are the Chicken Gyro from Greece, Escargots from France, and the Kaui Pork Slider from Hawaii. They were absolutely delicious!

Also, the macaroons from France are to die for.

DonaldDuckUSA
06-28-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm more of a savory girl, so I don't eat too many sweets in the World, BUT I did have an excellent cake pop in that bakery/candy store on Main Street. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
07-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Some of my favorites are from the Food and Wine festival. I know it is not year round, but oh well.

My favorite of the festival was by far the Lemongrass Chicken Curry from the Singapore stand! I came back for not only seconds, but thirds as well!

Others that make my list are the Chicken Gyro from Greece, Escargots from France, and the Kaui Pork Slider from Hawaii. They were absolutely delicious!

Also, the macaroons from France are to die for.

Ohhhhhh . . . the escargot at France was soooo good!! :cloud9:

steamboat willy
07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Mango Pie from Yak & Yati in AK.
We ate here twice on one of our past trips, now I go back and set at the Bar & get a piece of Yummy Mango Pie! :thumbsup:

ransam
08-27-2014, 12:32 AM
I can't think of the name of the place right now, it's in HS, right across from Muppets. but they have carrot cake cookies. Very good.....BUT, their chocolate chip cookie are amazing.

SBETigg
08-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I can't think of the name of the place right now, it's in HS, right across from Muppets. but they have carrot cake cookies. Very good.....BUT, their chocolate chip cookie are amazing.

The Writer's Stop.

BriarRose0708
08-27-2014, 10:11 AM
The waffle sandwiches and Funnel Cake at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square at the MK are very yummy and filling without breaking the bank.

DNS
08-28-2014, 12:12 PM
My favorite is the carrot cake cookies at DHS, The Writer's Shop, but the caramel apple oatmeal cookie in Germany is also fabulous.
I am making note of a few listed here that I want to try. These kinds of posts are so fun!

Mickey'sGirl
08-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Two new ones for me this past trip:

The Jalapeno cheddar pretzle at the Animal Kingdom. I know the cheese was processed, but MAN o MAN did that pretzle hit the spot!!!

The other is the caramel apple from Karamelle-Kuche (in Germany at Epcot). It was the very best snack thing I have ever had at WDW. (It is fresh caramel, therefore even better than the aforementioned Mickey caramel apples).

sonamae80
08-28-2014, 03:47 PM
What a great post! We are 13 days out from our WDW trip and here's the list of snacks I want to try:

Dole Whip (Yes, I know I am probably the only one here who has never tried one! But that is going to change!)
Corn Nuggets & Waffle Fries at the Golden Oak Outpost
Cronut
Anything from L'Artisan des Glaces (but specifically the Caramel Fleur de Sel & The Cinnamon Carmelized Apple Crumble Crunch)
Pastries from Kusafari Coffee Shop & Bakery in AK

I will be watching this post to see if there's any other snacks I want to add to our list! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-28-2014, 04:15 PM
If you are a chocolate lover the mammoth chocolate covered caramel pecan clusters at the candy store on Main St. MK are to die for