PDA

View Full Version : crowds during 1st week of May

donnine
06-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Our family is considering a trip to WDW next May probably in the 1st week. How are the crowds at that time?

Itchy
06-19-2014, 03:43 PM
I have been to WDW the first of May and the week before Memorial Day. In both cases the crowds were light and manageable. They have the Flower Festival at Epcot during that time and the crowds can get a little heavier but not bad. The flowers are worth seeing.

I would rather go the first week of May though.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

FenwayGirl
06-19-2014, 04:00 PM
I was there this year for the end of the first week of May. We go every May and it was more crowded than the previous years. That being said, it was managable...more on the moderate side vs the light side...weather was HOT...90's most days , but no humidity.

Twinsowner
06-19-2014, 10:59 PM
We spent 8 days the first week of May this year. It was the 4th year in a row going that week and our 10th trip overall. It is far from light crowds. It has been increasingly more and more crowded each year. We found it very difficult to ride the kids favorite things more than once and even had to skip some things due to the new fastpass system. And we are planners who tried to think out a lot of details. The flower festal is really neat of course and we still had a good time but with the increasing crowds and fastpass plus it seems that a lot of the fun is being taken out for us. Im sure its not as crowded as peak summer but it certainly isn't 10 minute waits for rides other than the not so popular ones. Have fun!

MargaretMessler
06-19-2014, 11:12 PM
It should be a little lighter next year than this year was, because easter is in early april versus late april as this year was. We are looking at the very end of April thru the first week of May ourselves. Last year we went mid to late May and things were getting pretty crowded as we were on our way out of town.

donnine
06-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Good point about Easter being so late this year. Thanks for your input! We have been many times in the Summer at peak times, so anything less will be welcomed. After all, any day at Disney is a great day:mickey: