PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead,FP+,first trip

Katzateer
06-19-2014, 08:07 AM
So many regulars seem to be disappointed in having to plan ahead for meals and FP+. We have been going to WDW for over 20 years and I have always planned our days out. Enjoy doing it. Once we get to WDW we take each day and decide whether to keep our seatings or change our park choice for the day. We get park hoppers so are pretty flexible each day.

I feel bad for guests that spend a lot of money for their vacation and go away disappointed.

Does it not take planning to go to Universal??

We always plan our day at Kings Island or any other park. WDW is so big- how can you expect to enjoy without a game plan.

Dulcee
06-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Planning ahead is half the fun for me.

I love fiddling with my spreadsheet for weeks before we go :)

Katzateer
06-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Planning ahead is half the fun for me.

I love fiddling with my spreadsheet for weeks before we go :)

I agree!! That is part of the fun- the planning. Keeps me going on bad days - thinking of places we want to eat, etc.

princessgirls
06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
My inlaws plan nothing, and then get nothing done....

I'm a planner...although I really don't like the whole idea of planning out my ride times... we were a family that sometimes hit a park based on the bus that was pulling in.

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
06-27-2014, 04:47 PM
We are also big planners . . . ADRs made right at the 180 day mark, room booked usually a year in advance, schedules made and adjusted as the excitement builds for our vacation.

However, I think many regulars, like my family, are weary about now having to schedule pretty much every moment of their vacations. Some of our best times at Disney have been the impromptu moments that just "happen". If every moment is planned, the likelihood that you can just have a surprise WOW moment diminishes IMO.

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
The biggest complaint I think is the penalty for not planning or the penalty for planning.

If you don't plan, you basically take what's left over or end up waiting in more lines than you really should have. If you do plan, you're worried about making it to your next appointment. Especially if there's a credit card guarantee on it!

What if I didn't know 60 days ago that MGM was having a big Frozen Event and I planned all my stuff for MK! Oh snap, I can't find a place to eat in MGM now, and I didn't get park hopping ticket...

It's just another level of stress added to what really should be a vacation. It's why I'd rather be laying out on deck trying to decide what my next drink will be than bother with a WDW vacation. Last year we spent some time at AKLV and didn't even think of going to a park, we were thinking about our upcoming cruise... It was the most relaxing vacation we had in years...