PDA

View Full Version : Butter Beer

battle beast
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Does Disney sell their own version of Butter Beer (From The Wizarding World of Harry Potter @ Universal) in Fantasyland?

Melanie
06-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Lefou's Brew is what's sold in Fantasyland (at Gaston's Tavern). It's a apple flavored, with marshmallow and mango flavors. A lot of folks like to compare and declare one better than the other, but I like them both for what they are.

Strmchsr
06-18-2014, 07:24 AM
I agree with Mel. I wouldn't really compare Lefou's to Butter Beer. Taste totally different, but both are good.

MargaretMessler
06-18-2014, 09:59 AM
They are similar drinks, but have different tastes. I liked both, but for me Le Fou's brew is just a little TOO sweet.

#1donaldfan
06-18-2014, 11:49 AM
What Diseny offers is totally different. Butter Beer is worth the admission price and parking to Universal alone !! I have tried the Brew at MK and it's ok, but butter beer is incredible. Sorry Disney !! :thumbsup::cool:

Pop Centurion
06-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Oddly enough, the Starbucks on Mainstreet will make a "Butter Beer" Frapaccino. So that's like 2X the disrespect. Hahahaha! Disney diehards already hate the Starbucks & now the offer a Universal themed drink.

I haven't tried it yet but my local SB's has it on their secret menu so I'll have to give it a try soon.

yankeesfan123
06-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Oddly enough, the Starbucks on Mainstreet will make a "Butter Beer" Frapaccino. So that's like 2X the disrespect. Hahahaha! Disney diehards already hate the Starbucks & now the offer a Universal themed drink.

I haven't tried it yet but my local SB's has it on their secret menu so I'll have to give it a try soon.

Any Starbucks, anywhere, can make this drink. I got one made in Massachusetts a few years ago.

MNNHFLTX
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I like the carbonated Butter Beer, the frozen not so much. The butterscotch flavor is overwhelmingly sweet in the frozen form, IMO. I've only had a few sips of Lefou's Brew but I think it compares favorably to Butter Beer.

#1donaldfan
06-19-2014, 01:29 PM

WHAT ??!!! PERFECT !!! I can now save the admission price to Universal and get my Butter Beer fix at the MK !!! YES !!!!:party: