PDA

View Full Version : Quick service

MLR
06-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here!
We are going in September and will have the dining plan. I would like to get the most of it and I've made ADR for our sit downs but I don't know much about any of the quick service places. Any suggestions?
One night we will be doing a quick service dinner in the magic kingdom, the rest will withe the lunches or breakfast.
Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
06-17-2014, 08:13 AM
For Quick Service, we really enjoy the Columbia Harbor House over in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom. There is always lots of seating and the food is very good. Here's the menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/columbia-harbour-house/menus/)

faline
06-17-2014, 08:14 AM
In addition to Columbia Harbor House, there is Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom which is also quite good.

CleveSJM
06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is a great Epcot lunch quick service. Fantastic variety.

BriarRose0708
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

I second the praise for Columbia Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom as well as Cosmic Ray's. Never done a quick service breakfast in a park, but I think there are pastries and sandwiches at Starbucks (former Main St. Bakery).

TheDuckRocks
06-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Here are a few of our favorite quick service locations:
MK - Columbia Harbor House (Lobster Roll, Tuna Sandwich, the seasonal cobbler)
AK - Pizzafari (love the Italian sandwich)
Epcot - so many good ones. La Cantina (in Mexico), Kobuta? Grill (in Japan on the hill), Tangerine Café (in Morocco), the one in the back of France
Studios - Starring Rolls, Pizza Planet for the cappuccino cupcake
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace (only one still owned by Wolfie), Earl of Sandwich
Resorts - POFQ food court, Pepper Market at Coronado Beach
Many selections and you will not just be eating burgers and hot dogs.

Mickey'sGirl
06-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Tangerine Café (in Morocco)mmmmmmm Tangierine Cafe! So tasty!:thumbsup:

cer
06-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Glad you are here!

You have already gotten some great responses, if you happen to be at Port Orleans Riverside resort, their food court offers a build-your-own pasta station. You tell them what you want and they make it as well as a great salad station - with the same concept, you tell them and they build it. Portions on both the pasta and salad are very large and share-able.

So yummy.

I'm so hungry.

VacationDisney
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
At Magic Kingdom we like Cosmic Ray's:thumbsup:

etibbetts
06-17-2014, 11:46 AM
My favorites are:

MK: Cosmic Rays & Be Our guest (lunch is CS)
HS: Backlot Express - I love the buffalo nuggets
EP: Sunshine Seasons
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express!!!!!

*I see almost everyone else has raved about Columbia Harbour House, maybe I just got it on an off day or maybe it's because I'm from Maine and we have amazing seafood here, but I hated CHH. I thought it was the worst meal of my trip.

wdwaggie
06-17-2014, 02:13 PM
I like Cosmic Ray's because it is in the air conditioning, but we also enjoy Tortuga Tavern and Pecos Bill's

4disneynuts
06-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Welcome!

AK: We love Flame Tree BBQ - awesome pulled pork

We also like the CBR food court in the evening because they have an actual meal. You can get either salmon, turkey or pork with 2 sides and cornbread. For being quick service its great and you get a good portion. Plus with the dining plan you get a drink and a dessert. Oh the cupcakes are soooooo yummy!!:mickey:

MLR
06-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Thank you everyone!
The Columbia harbor house, is it all seafood?

MLR
06-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Whoops! I just saw that someone posted the link to menu

Kenny1113
06-18-2014, 12:17 PM
*I see almost everyone else has raved about Columbia Harbour House, maybe I just got it on an off day or maybe it's because I'm from Maine and we have amazing seafood here, but I hated CHH. I thought it was the worst meal of my trip.

I love CHH, but I don't do the seafood (not a fan of fried seafood, or any fried food) . They have a hummus sandwich that I love!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2014, 12:43 PM
I love CHH, but I don't do the seafood (not a fan of fried seafood, or any fried food) . They have a hummus sandwich that I love!!!!

That is my favourite as well!!

ANG
06-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Our favorite CS include:
Be Our Guest
Colombia HH
Flame Tree
Sunshine Seasons
Japan in Epcot (can't remember the name)
And we always use the CS in whatever resort we stay at

Arielfan98
06-25-2014, 10:44 AM
MK
1. Columbia Harbor House is a must as other posters have said. I do get the chicken fingers there, though, nothing seafood like.

2. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe is also fun especially if you have kids! Plenty of food options for everyone. They have different stations to get burgers, chicken fingers, salads, etc, they have a toppings bar. And you'll love Cosmic Ray who will entertain your whole family as you eat.

3. Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe-Also plenty of food options with the taco salad being popular! They also feature a toppings bar.

EPCOT
1. Sunshine Seasons-They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hear their bread pudding is popular for breakfast. I typically go for lunch or dinner, though. They have many different healthy, fresh options. They offer rotisserie chicken and rice, goat cheese salad, Cesar salad, sandwiches, Mongolian beef and rice, etc. Their bakery is to die for :D I love getting their strawberry shortcake for dessert.

2. Tangerine Cafe-Offers really good lamb and chicken entrees with a really good bean salad and couscous.

3. Lotus Blossom Cafe-Pretty good Chinese food, not bad for CS. Depends on if it interests you. I tried the beef noodle bowl and it wasn't bad, wasn't the greatest.

4. Katsura Grill-the Japanese CS option. It was different and delicious. I got teriyaki chicken with rice and vegetables and my meal came with a huge portion of green tea ice cream soft serve style. It was delicious :D

AK
1. Flame Tree BBQ-had good options. I got the turkey leg and it was too much for me to eat. My family got ribs and it tasted good. I also saw they had a fruit platter with yogurt for vegetarians/vegans and it looked really appetizing.

DHS

1. Backlot Express-Plenty of options here. I'll typically get a burger or chicken fingers with fries. I also LOVE the Southwest salad, the best salad in all of WDW if you ask me. They also offer sandwiches and hotdogs. Be warned that this place gets crowded quick and you'll need to send someone to find a table while you wait in line for lunch.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

steamboat willy
06-25-2014, 12:09 PM
FIRST of All...:welcome: to INTERCOT!

PP have given you some Great choices to pick from. We will be joining you in September and here's Our choices!

MK. - Be Our Guest for Lunch, try to FP+ it.
Casey's
Cosmic Ray' are All on our list.

AK - Yak & Yati Express ALWAYS on our list.
Flame Tree BBQ

DS - Starring Rolls, Breakfast & Lunch

EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
Katsura Grill
Tangerine Cafe'

DTD. - Wolfgang Puck Express - the best!
Bongo's Express
Earle Of Sandwich

Resorts - Pepper Market @ Coronado Springs
Contempo Cafe' has great choices

Pull up the menus on this site or others. You can find plenty to eat, even for the picky eaters.

Enjoy and remember, Dole Whip Is A Snack!

Are you staying at a Disney Resort?

See You In September, Our 30th.:wine:

steamboat willy
06-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Also, check out my previous post below "What Cha Think" for additional Quick Service Ideas! :thumbsup: