PDA

View Full Version : Using a family member's FP

andypooh
06-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Can you use a FP by borrowing the magic band of a family member if they have not been in that park that day? We may get FP+ for some rides in MK and go one night when we get a babysitter for the kids. Thanks

mechanic
06-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Good question. It might automatically use a park admission for that band when it sees you in the park.

andypooh
06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
We have an AP so I don't mind that

gerald72
06-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Not sure. My guess: You probably have to activate it by going through the "turn styles" before using it for fastpasses. At least that's how the old key to the world cards were set up.

VWL Mom
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Not sure. My guess: You probably have to activate it by going through the "turn styles" before using it for fastpasses. At least that's how the old key to the world cards were set up.

That would be my guess too.

andypooh
06-16-2014, 04:44 PM
That's what I figured
That was the only way to get an FP before, but now I can get the FP ahead of time. I just might not be able to use it

WRWDisney
06-17-2014, 07:06 AM
That was my guess too. However, over spring break we had a chance to try it out. I made FP+ reservations for our party at the 60 day mark (we all had AP's). Then we added my daughters friend for the trip and she bought a standard 5-day ticket (this was before off site guests could make FP+ reservations), and because of missed school days (snow) my DW (teacher) was unable to come. So, we had FP's on her MagicBand and none for my daughters friend. Well, we didn't want to cheat and have her try and use my wife's AP for admission, but wanted to take advantage of our FP's. So we let her use her MagicBand for admission and try out using DW's band for FP. And it worked, even though it was never used for admission during the entire trip (it was an active AP). So, worth a shot.

mechanic
06-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Scan both mbands on way in. With ap no problem on lost days so should work

VWL Mom
06-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Scan both mbands on way in. With ap no problem on lost days so should work

Magic Bands still need a finger scan and more importantly AP's are not transferable.

DonaldDuck1117
06-17-2014, 09:50 PM
The poster wasn't suggesting using the AP to let anyone into a park but rather just "activating" it for the day to use the fastpass. But you're right without a finger at the gate it can't be activated.

However it seems like another poster was able to use FPs with an AP that wasn't "activated" at the gate that day. Here is the real question, would a cast member stop you from using someone else's fastpass? Say me and my wife book FPs for Tower of Terror but at the time of our passes she isn't feeling up to riding. Could I ride with my band, then go back and ride using my wife's? Would the cast member stop me when the name pops up and clearly it isn't me? Would they even care?

MyDisneyworld
06-17-2014, 11:00 PM
We have AP's and my daughters switched magic bands to allow the other to ride twice. We just did that instead of the whole baby swap thing, just made it easier.

mechanic
06-18-2014, 03:43 AM
They still have the finger scan? I'm surprised, all the ads have been focused on how fast and easy it is to wave your band at the sensor and procede to the park.

IloveJack
06-18-2014, 07:37 PM
DH and I tried to use my parents FPs two weeks ago. They don't ride thrill rides, so we tried to ride with ours and then turn around and ride with theirs. The CM said that their FPs were showing as already used. It never would work for us. We ended up using rider switch passes instead.
Hopefully, it will work for others, since there was no reason for it not to.

Daisy'sMom
06-21-2014, 06:19 PM
I guess I am old fashioned, we play by the rules. Using someone's mb for extra fast passes? This is why some of us can't get one! I find that a bit dishonest. Jmo!

yankeesfan123
06-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I guess I am old fashioned, we play by the rules. Using someone's mb for extra fast passes? This is why some of us can't get one! I find that a bit dishonest. Jmo!

Mhm. Someone should have the opportunity to get one FP for Soarin before someone else has the opportunity to get two in my opinion. If half your party isn't going to use it, they shouldn't get it.

You are NOT allowed to use someone else's band.

Can you get away with it? Probably (as long as it's activated).

However, this is bound to be a contentious issue and I'm not gonna say anymore about it!

Jack Skellington
06-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Do know, the name of the guest whose band is scanned comes up on the CM's screen at the FP+ scan station.

Goofy Texan
07-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Last November I let my daughter use my MB to get a second ride on Tower of Terror. She had no problems with it. Oh, and it wasn't me being greedy - just chicken!

I think it's ok. People used to get regular FP's all the time and give them to other family members - or even strangers.

yankeesfan123
07-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Last November I let my daughter use my MB to get a second ride on Tower of Terror. She had no problems with it. Oh, and it wasn't me being greedy - just chicken!

I think it's ok. People used to get regular FP's all the time and give them to other family members - or even strangers.

But when "Jim" uses "Jane's" magic band, it is certainly possible a CM could question it.

They most likely wouldn't, but they could.