PDA

View Full Version : Nap Pods

Sunshine1010
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
On our May-June trip to WDW a few weeks ago, I told my husband that I had a great idea. I told him that we needed to come up with a company that had 'Nap pods'. You would rent a little cot in a pod for a minimum of 2 hours, charge $50 and we'd place a bunch of pods in a building at Disney. Can you imagine the parents that would take their kids there?????? Or heck...even I would use it at times. LOL. There would be a fan, A/C, heat if needed and staff to change the sheets. They'd each have a white noise machine to block out all the noise. :-)

Ian
06-16-2014, 03:16 PM
These have existed in Japan for years. I'm sort of surprised that they haven't made their way to the States, to be honest.

SBETigg
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
It is a cool idea, but I can't imagine people would pay $50 for a two hour resting place at WDW. Some might. I would be more inclined to either go back to my room (on property, using Disney transportation, not a problem) or find a quiet rest space in the park (Spaceship Earth is dark and quiet for instance). But maybe at a different venue, like at a big sporting event that lasts awhile.

Sunshine1010
06-16-2014, 04:40 PM
LOL -- I have heard about them in Japan, but had to look them up. It's almost exactly what I had envisioned. LOL

Is $50 too much? ....oh, I don't know. They pay up to $1,000 night for a room. WHY NOT? LOL LOL

BrerGnat
06-16-2014, 04:44 PM
If you include 2 bottled waters, people will think $50 is a great deal!

1DisneyNut
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Is $50 too much? ....oh, I don't know. They pay up to $1,000 night for a room. WHY NOT? LOL LOL

No, it is not too much. Disney would market how convenient they are, allow you to make advance reservations 6 months ahead of time and they would get $75 a day. Why you ask?.....because they would take up so much room in the park, there would only be a limited number of them and they would stay booked. At Epcot it wouldn't be a problem, they have an entire dilapidated section and buildings they could devote to them.

VWL Mom
06-16-2014, 08:04 PM

:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
06-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Call me crazy but when I spend mulitple thousands of dollars for a trip to Disney I don't intend on a nap. I can nap at home. I wanna play, eat and play some more at Disney !!:thumbsup:

Jimmy Thick
06-18-2014, 04:15 AM
They already have a "Nap Pod", its called Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Jimmy Thick- Preshow is better than a blackjack to the back of the head...

k10
06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
They already have a "Nap Pod", its called Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Jimmy Thick- Preshow is better than a blackjack to the back of the head...

LOL! I was going to say the same thing, but insert The Hall of Presidents!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MrPeetrie
06-18-2014, 04:36 PM
On our May-June trip to WDW a few weeks ago, I told my husband that I had a great idea. I told him that we needed to come up with a company that had 'Nap pods'. You would rent a little cot in a pod for a minimum of 2 hours, charge $50 and we'd place a bunch of pods in a building at Disney. Can you imagine the parents that would take their kids there?????? Or heck...even I would use it at times. LOL. There would be a fan, A/C, heat if needed and staff to change the sheets. They'd each have a white noise machine to block out all the noise. :-)
My wife presented this very idea to a Disney Cast Member back in 2005. She called it "nap tents." The CM smiled and said "I'll pass it on."

ransam
09-01-2014, 03:53 AM
I really like the Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, and some other indoor rides, but after a long day in the hot sun, sometimes you just can't help yourself but nod off. LOL

PETE FROM NYC
09-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I really like the Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, and some other indoor rides, but after a long day in the hot sun, sometimes you just can't help yourself but nod off. LOL

I have been to American Adventure over a dozen times, and seen it maybe twice. Love it, just can't stay awake.

Terra
09-01-2014, 08:10 PM
I have been to American Adventure over a dozen times, and seen it maybe twice. Love it, just can't stay awake.

I always fall asleep in AA! Great 30 minute cat nap for sure.
Timon and Pumba is okay too, though admittedly I love that show!

emerzmom
09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Great idea! I think many parents would use this for their children. If only we ran Disney :mickey:
:tink:
Julie

ransam
09-03-2014, 04:14 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL
It's a great show, and I like it, but I always just seem to doze off.
People ask when I come home and talk about Epcot I I've seen AA and usually, I have to say "well, kinda"

Terra
09-03-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL
It's a great show, and I like it, but I always just seem to doze off.
People ask when I come home and talk about Epcot I I've seen AA and usually, I have to say "well, kinda"

*chuckle* "Yes I saw it. From behind my eyelids."

captain j
09-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Get on the tomorrow land people mover ride and take a nap. Or go to the hall of presidents for a nap...

Cass&KenziesMom
09-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Last time we went my girls took a nap in the American Adventure and I honestly almost did too. My hubby got to spend some time soaking up some history (which he loves) and we got in a little snooze. Awesome use of our time. LOL

wellsm
09-15-2014, 10:55 AM
I saw these in the Atlanta Airport - "Minute Suites"

They are little rooms you can rent to rest while waiting for your flight.

One hour (minimum): $38.00
15-minute increments (first two hours): $9.50
15-minute increments (after two hours): $7.00
(I would guess that Disney would charge more in a park)

Google it for pics - the small rooms have a sofa, tv, desk, phone. I can see resting in one over a long layover.

Disney would have these booked solid if they offered them in a park. I might use one - quicker to nap here than to go back to the room.

That said, I would much rather they use the precious park space for attractions instead of micro-hotels. :)

Terra
09-15-2014, 01:43 PM
That would be perfect for those weird layovers where it's not quite long enough to actually get a room, but enough hours you might need to rest!

Boost
10-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Call me crazy but when I spend mulitple thousands of dollars for a trip to Disney I don't intend on a nap. I can nap at home. I wanna play, eat and play some more at Disney !!:thumbsup:

I completely agree! Never mind the cost, if I am going to spend time in a park (any park), I am going to want to enjoy every minute.

If you're tired, get some coffee.