PDA

View Full Version : Ordering an item not on the menu?

Disney1977
06-15-2014, 06:37 PM
At a sit down restaurant can you order an item not on the menu? We are considering going to Sanaa for dinner, but there is nothing on the menu for my 12 year old to eat. Is it possible to just order a burger? There is a turkey burger on the children's menu, but I don't think he will eat that.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

VWL Mom
06-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Normally they will work with you to try to find a solution. They can remove sauces, substitute items they have in stock, etc. They do have a meat loaf on the children's menu so maybe they can do something with that. Be prepared though, they may charge extra since he is over 10 and considered an adult.

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Perhaps he can make his meal out of side items or appetizers. My youngest son has often done that.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2014, 08:36 PM
They will do whatever they can to help. If they don't have something in stock though, you can't count on them getting it.

What I try and do (and I'm a picky eater) is find something on the menu I'd like, even if I need to ask for a sauce on the side, or to switch a side-dish, etc. If there things on the kids menu he likes, I'm sure they will make him an "adult" portion.

TheRustyScupper
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
1) They have
. . . chicken breast
. . . meat loaf
. . . cheese pizza
. . . steak
2) Most kids would probably eat one of these.

buzznwoodysmom
06-16-2014, 08:52 AM
When we ate at Sanna my boys ordered the steak that's on the adult menu. Would that be an option for your son? It wasn't an adventurous item, and pleased our picky eaters.