PDA

View Full Version : Another FP+ Question - Changing the time

DisneyGiant
06-15-2014, 06:02 PM
So, we got our Magic Bands :magic:

Now, if we want to change any of the return times - how does it get on the magic band? When we get there?

We may have one more person joining us, which may necessitate changing the times if we can't get the time that the rest of us are scheduled.

yankeesfan123
06-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Nothing is "on" your magic band.

In simple terms, your magic band has a "chip" that connects the band to a central "computer database" where all your information is stored.

big blue and hairy
06-15-2014, 07:27 PM
So, we got our Magic Bands :magic:

Now, if we want to change any of the return times - how does it get on the magic band? Silly, that's why they're Magicbands....;)

:sulley:

DisneyGiant
06-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Nothing is "on" your magic band.

In simple terms, your magic band has a "chip" that connects the band to a central "computer database" where all your information is stored.

Thanks - I thought that the original info was somehow downloaded to them. I hope that they have backup servers for that main computer!

yankeesfan123
06-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Thanks - I thought that the original info was somehow downloaded to them. I hope that they have backup servers for that main computer!

Every piece of technology in the world is susceptible to glitches, outages, etc.

Ms. Mode
06-16-2014, 09:11 AM
I think if you want to change a FP+ option you first have to cancel all your existing options for that day and start over. That means taking the risk of not getting a ride you want. It can get overwhelming trying to work in FP+ and ADRs...good luck!

yankeesfan123
06-16-2014, 06:31 PM
I think if you want to change a FP+ option you first have to cancel all your existing options for that day and start over. That means taking the risk of not getting a ride you want. It can get overwhelming trying to work in FP+ and ADRs...good luck!

Not true.. You can change the time of an existing reservation, or change just one experience, without deleting all your options.

ransam
08-28-2014, 02:48 AM
since your bands are connected to your my Disney experience, even if you make changes the day you're there, it will connect to your band, right?

yankeesfan123
08-28-2014, 07:11 AM
since your bands are connected to your my Disney experience, even if you make changes the day you're there, it will connect to your band, right?

Yes.

Pat Ryan
08-29-2014, 12:07 PM
just got back... use the "my disney experience" app and you can change them right on your phone. My best advice is to book the most popular rides a few days in advance. We never got onto Toy Story Mania because they were booked a full day in advance (no same day FP available same day or the next day when we tried).

You can change the time on your phone and just head to the ride at that time... we did it several times.