PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Crowds

*NikkiJ*
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Booked our next trip for week of Thanksgiving( we arrive Saturday before and leave Thanksgiving):mickey::mickey:

How crazy will the parks get?

I'm expected some crowds since some will get free dining.

And should we spend 2 days at AK? DH wants to but it seems a waste, especially if we take advantage of the EMH one day.

Thanks!

VacationDisney
06-14-2014, 12:49 PM
We had friends go during Thanksgiving week about 4 years ago. They said the parks were crowded, but had a great time! They DID avoid MK on Thanksgiving day just to keep their sanity:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanksgiving crowds are a little higher than regular fall crowds, but not the worst. I think it's manageable.

If you love AK, why not spend two days? We usually make two trips to AK on our longer vacations, but we never stay all day in one park. We hop.

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2014, 01:01 PM
You should be fine. We've been for Thanksgiving 3 times now, and we honestly didn't notice any major increase in crowds till around Thanksgiving Day, and the Friday and Saturday following. Even then, it wasn't any worse than early summer.

ransam
08-28-2014, 02:51 AM
I'll be there over thanksgiving as well, a little nervous about the crowds, but I still think it will be awesome.

princessgirls
08-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Crowds are manageable, and the temperatures are delightful!!!

We just booked a trip for Nov 20-26. Coming home late Wednesday night, so we can spend Thanksgiving with family.

We went this time 2 years ago, and it was just a very nice time of year to go. When you aren't dealing with stiffing heat all day, it makes all the difference!!
Enjoy!
Julie:mickey:

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Getting in late Wednesday night - well after the last D'sME run, so staying near MCO for the night and driving down Thursday morning. Staying at Saratoga Springs, so probably good to have a car anyway.

Plannng to spend Thanksgiving Day itself at EPCOT, mostly in the more spread out WS, with a couple of FP+s for Soarin' or TT, M:S, and maybe Maelstrom. Already have a 5-ish ADR booked, so dinner is covered.

Thoughts? Sounds like a plan?

ransam
08-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Getting in late Wednesday night - well after the last D'sME run, so staying near MCO for the night and driving down Thursday morning. Staying at Saratoga Springs, so probably good to have a car anyway.

Plannng to spend Thanksgiving Day itself at EPCOT, mostly in the more spread out WS, with a couple of FP+s for Soarin' or TT, M:S, and maybe Maelstrom. Already have a 5-ish ADR booked, so dinner is covered.

Thoughts? Sounds like a plan?

Sounds like a great plan. we are getting in Wednesday as well. have a thanksgiving dinner at tusker house.
There will be a lot of basketball fans there, including me, cause there's a big tournament being played that week.

LandFan
08-30-2014, 10:58 PM
We're going to be there during that timeframe too! We will be there from the 20th - 28th. This is the first time we are doing the week before Thanksgiving through Thanksgiving day.

Usually we go Thanksgiving day or the day after and stay through the following week but a bunch of us are going this time and we wanted to check in on the last day of free dining so we had it through our trip to ease the $$ of the trip for all. We are hoping we have the same decent crowds the week after Thanksgiving has :D

Maybe we'll run into a few of you guys!:marg:

LandFan
08-30-2014, 10:59 PM
have a thanksgiving dinner at tusker house.

That's where I made our Thanksgiving dinner reservations, lol! We eat at 7:10pm

ransam
08-31-2014, 02:13 AM
That's where I made our Thanksgiving dinner reservations, lol! We eat at 7:10pm

We eat at like 6pm