PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gluten Free

jonahbear2006
06-10-2014, 02:53 AM
The last time I went to disney world was in Feb for free dining during princess. This was my last trip to "The World" with no limits. It was extremely uncomfortable for me and I spent the entire time looking 6 mths pregnant. I have since found out that I am highly allergic to gluten, haha, imagine that!!!!! I am doing better and 10lbs lighter now and returning for a resort only trip at Kidani village for a week in July. So, I do know that Gluten free is easy to manage in disney world. What I don't know are what are the best things to eat here, while I'm in a place someone will feed me amazing things. So, please, all you wonderful Gluten free intercotees....explode with dining options for me that you cannot turn down. I am excited to hear what you have to say. :mickey:

droopy d.
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
My gf is also gluten free and found lots to eat. If u go to a ts restaurant and tell the waiter or waitress about being gluten free they tell the chef and they will come out with a notebook of menu selections as well as desserts. Cs locations u tell the cashier and the chef there will come out and give u a list of options as well. My gf said how much she enjoyed eating bcs she had no worries about what she was eating. Good luck and enjoy.

jonahbear2006
06-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Thank you. I will do that. I read an article in a Gluten free Magazine about their chefs there and how easy it is to acquire desserts and such there. It will be a nice break from having the same thing over and over here.

FenwayGirl
06-13-2014, 10:33 AM
I travel frequently with my sister that need a GF diet. We loved Boma...but all of the restuarants were able to accomodate her. She says that she loves the dining at Disney because she can eat like a "normal" person:mickey:

Septbride2002
06-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Mama Melorose in the studio has gluten free pasta and desserts. My friend who is also allergic to gluten loves to eat there. She also finds Tastycakes muffins and cupcakes available in the resort.

azcavalier
06-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Over Star Wars Weekends we had the breakfast at the Sci Fi, and when the chef found out my wife was gluten-free they brought her two muffins. They were *fantastic*. He told us that they didn't make them there, but at some central Disney location, and that they were available all over the park.

There are lots of gluten-free options and dining choices. Have fun!

DisneyFan1979
06-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I highly recommend Be Our Guest for lunch on a gluten free diet. I had the turkey sandwich on millet bread and it was delicious. You order on a computer there so you just punch in your dietary needs and it gives you the selections that meet your requirements.

I do not have a contact allergy such that my meal can't touch a wheat product. So typically for busy quick service restaurants in the parks I will either eat my entree without the bread or bring my own to substitute. At the resorts where it is not so busy I will ask for gluten-free bread and they are generally very accommodating.

I haven't had personal experience with table service dining as I typically eat chicken or fish with vegetables and just skip the bread they bring to the table.

For dessert on the go, the macarons in France in Epcot are gluten-free and very good!

I personally do not care for any of the Babycakes brand desserts throughout the parks and resorts as they are also vegan and therefore the chocolate tastes odd to me.

Disney1977
06-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm going to second Boma's for gluten free food. Also, our dinner at the Crystal Palace was excellent.

Have a great trip.