PDA

View Full Version : Via napoli

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
We have an ADR for Via Napoli in October and I have some questions about menu items...I know a lot of people say stick to the pizza which I plan to do but I know mom is going to want to order her favorite Eggplant Parmigiana-here are my specific questions:

1. Eggplant Parmigiana-Has anyone tried this? How Is It? Is it served with pasta and if not is it possible to order a side?

2. Capriciossa Pizza-(Eggplant, artichoke, prosciutto and mushrooms)-looks phenomenal. Has anyone had it?

Desserts-Looking at Zeppoles and Tiramisu-would love opinions on both

thanks.

Strmchsr
06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
Can't comment on the Eggplant. The pizza and spaghetti are both wonderful. But as for dessert, the Tiramisu is my wife's favorite. It's really well done.

SBETigg
06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
The pasta dishes seem to be drawing good reviews, and I've never seen Eggplant Parm served without pasta accompaniment, so I can't imagine it any other way. That said, I have only had pizza here and the tiramisu.

I haven't had the pizza you mention. All of the pizzas I've had were good, but the more basic ones were the best for us. Too much broccoli rabe on the sausage and rabe one. The Margherita is delicious. But I'm sure the one you mention is probably good, too.

The tiramisu, not the best tiramisu I've ever had but very good and I would get it again.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
The pasta dishes seem to be drawing good reviews, and I've never seen Eggplant Parm served without pasta accompaniment, so I can't imagine it any other way. That said, I have only had pizza here and the tiramisu.

I haven't had the pizza you mention. All of the pizzas I've had were good, but the more basic ones were the best for us. Too much broccoli rabe on the sausage and rabe one. The Margherita is delicious. But I'm sure the one you mention is probably good, too.

The tiramisu, not the best tiramisu I've ever had but very good and I would get it again.

I've never had it without pasta either but I saw a picture somewhere and it just showed the eggplant...I was wondering about the pizza if the simplier ones were better, if I don't get any feedback on that one I'll probably just go with the pepperoni

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Not to sound preachy, but speaking from my food experience ....

Eggplant parmesan should be served with either a vegetable (like rapini) or roasted potatoes. It is rich and sweet, and pasta would duplicate that, not enhance it. Since these are authentic restaurants, I would guess that they would not be served with pasta.

I'm sure you could always order a side dish of pasta! :thumbsup:

Just checked the menu on the Disney website, and it indicates that the Eggplant is served with roasted potatoes. I don't know if Via Napoli does substitutions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Not to sound preachy, but speaking from my food experience ....

Eggplant parmesan should be served with either a vegetable (like rapini) or roasted potatoes. It is rich and sweet, and pasta would duplicate that, not enhance it. Since these are authentic restaurants, I would guess that they would not be served with pasta.

I'm sure you could always order a side dish of pasta! :thumbsup:

Just checked the menu on the Disney website, and it indicates that the Eggplant is served with roasted potatoes. I don't know if Via Napoli does substitutions.

I understand there's a really good authentic Italian restaurant that my son and I really love, but my mom, she'd rather go to Olive Garden. So, I know she's going to want the pasta. I would pay extra if I had to, I just wanted to know ahead of time so she'd be prepared when she orders

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Can't comment on the Eggplant. The pizza and spaghetti are both wonderful. But as for dessert, the Tiramisu is my wife's favorite. It's really well done.

Tiramisu is one of our favorites to but I saw a video where someone was eating the Zeppole looked soooo good. I think we'll order one of both and share:D

Tinkerbella16
06-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I am so excited to dine here for the first time in Nov!!! I am already eyeing up the Linguini alla Scoglio.. yummmm!!!!!

And my sister said the Zeppoles were awesome!!!! One of the best desserts shes had in wdw, so I know what I'm getting for dessert too! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-13-2014, 01:27 PM
I am so excited to dine here for the first time in Nov!!! I am already eyeing up the Linguini alla Scoglio.. yummmm!!!!!

And my sister said the Zeppoles were awesome!!!! One of the best desserts shes had in wdw, so I know what I'm getting for dessert too! :mickey:

Great! I want Zeppoles too